Newbie safety lanyard/flipline question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures, when dead wooding lower spruce limbs I Colorado I would climb the limbs No spikes with double lanyard technique,
removing limbs as I went but leaving 2-3" stubs to climb on, then tye in DRT with a double ringed cambium saver (you can make one with a sling and 2 locking biners and a micro pully too)at top, removing the foot hold stubs on the way down the rope, then remove the climbing line and cambium saver from the ground with a over hand knot in tail pulled through the larger ring first which then jams in the smaller ring and allows the cambium saver to be dislodged, this was the quickest way when the trees were as thick as your trees are, make sure to drop cut the limbs as you dont want a rip or tear cut as you will use the stubs as your ladder till you tye in with the climbing line. and use two points of tye in when using a saw Ie double lanyard or a positioning lanyard and climbing line,
Paul

That sounds good. Is there better approach to climb this srt? It seems like your rope could go higher using srt because it is not doubled up. Just trying to figure out options here. Thanks the help

Great pictures, when dead wooding lower spruce limbs I Colorado I would climb the limbs No spikes with double lanyard technique,
removing limbs as I went but leaving 2-3" stubs to climb on, then tye in DRT with a double ringed cambium saver (you can make one with a sling and 2 locking biners and a micro pully too)at top, removing the foot hold stubs on the way down the rope, then remove the climbing line and cambium saver from the ground with a over hand knot in tail pulled through the larger ring first which then jams in the smaller ring and allows the cambium saver to be dislodged, this was the quickest way when the trees were as thick as your trees are, make sure to drop cut the limbs as you dont want a rip or tear cut as you will use the stubs as your ladder till you tye in with the climbing line. and use two points of tye in when using a saw Ie double lanyard or a positioning lanyard and climbing line,
Paul

:agree2:

Great technique.

Back