Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I like permatex motoseal and locktite 518. Never had a problem with either

518 is ridiculously expensive here. No permatex at all. Hyalomar seems to be the standard. 3b 1104 is the same thing is yamabond4. The newer stuff has no lead in it. 1104 does. Wooo! I'm running on leaded! BTW, that vid is using standard kerf 325 70DL chain.

Ya I have a friend thats having trouble with his new 261c not having torque and revving out. He said cylinder, piston, rings look good, chain turns freely , filter r clean, no kinked lines? My guess was the solenoid

It's frustrating when electronics act up.

In other news - I've found that this thing likes you to run the rakers low to take advantage of the torque. You can see the chip size has increased. The saw is now cutting at about where a stock 261cm cuts. So it's next B&C will be standard 325. That husky pixel bar has nearly had it after a month of firewood.

I am impressed now. I knew bringing back the squish would help, but I think a lot of it also had to do with more intake and less exhaust timing. Very few saws like more exhaust timing, I've found. Well, not unless you are purely cookie cutting. So now she has a ton of torque. And that's only the first tank since I have put her back together. If the last time was any indication, she should be awake in about 10 more tanks. She's already revving way up there.

I was felling ash and a larch yesterday, and she was eating through the wood so fast, I nearly lost my hinges.

I went with randy's transfer #'s and exhaust, and added a touch more intake than Randy suggested because the width was jis so small, and I was curious to see what the results would be.
I also noticed I hadn't thoroughly gutted the baffle in this saw. So, I went in again and also opened the exhaust port another mm just for kicks. She sounds a bit different now. Much more growly. Almost as though it had two cylinders. Especially when the limiter kicks in.

I'll just leave this here...

161127244.cMCZyLyd.jpg

Ya can't say I've been easy on her. That's an 18" picco set up, too.

Swear it's real. Nearly 25 minutes of non stop cutting there.(And behind that stack of Chestnut in the distance is a pool of small rounds 5 high, 10 foot deep. We been busy during that 25 minutes)

I reckon all the logs are 2 inches round and you've used photo trickery :)

The problem with picco is it doesn't last very long on full chisel. I need to get me some semi chisel stuff to see if it will work for firewood. I like it because it makes a small kerf, and leaves more wood. But the 325 still lasts noticably longer. And 325 is actually faster in NK version on this set up because it's a 7 pin VS the picco's 6(swapped out the picco set up, everything - including the clutch drum, from a 250 parts saw a local farmer gave me). But geziz the torque this thing has for a 42cc saw with a 6 pin sprocket. When there's a pinch or the wood is hard, it makes that chugga-chugga sound ported saws make.

Latest posts

Back