NEWS FLASH! Hear it here first!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rms61moparman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know you guys may find this hard to believe...........

but if your kill switch wire gets out of its little keeper and gets against the bottom of your flywheel it will wear the insulation off of it in no time flat!!!!!

And if it does.....................your chainsaw MAY run somewhat erratically!!!

Had me BAFFLED!
Start it on fast idle, and it runs great. Hold it wide open, runs great. Put it in the wood, it goes to missing and coughing like a cat with a hairball. Idle it down and it dies, GRAVEYARD DEAD.

Come to find out when it would start on fast idle, and when you hold it at WOT, the air from the fan would blow the kill wire back away from the flywheel and it would run like a top.
When you would put it in the wood it must have been bouncing against the flywheel, making it cough and sputter.
When you let off the throttle the wire would bend over against the bottom of the flywheel and shut it down.

After more carb adjusting and "chin whisker" pulling than I care to admit, I decided that it HAD to be ignition so I started pulling it down and low and behold, when I popped the flywheel off the kill wire had this big, bare, shiny spot on it.
Ran a new kill wire, glued her down with a few globs of silicone, (in addition to the regular hold downs) reassembled after letting the silicone set up, gave her a tug and BINGO!
Now even the kill switch works on "Ol' Ugly".

Mike

Glad ya found it before you turned to drinkin' hard.:D

It's the little glitches that overwhelm the meds, and drive a sane guy to chewing at the straps.

I'll remember that little glitch for when it happens to one of mine!

Thanks!
Dingeryote

That happened to me with my 034 the first time I owned it, and it had me madder than a stirred up yellow jacket nest!

Latest posts

Back