Next Years Supply!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoTurboVolvos

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Staring at my wifes cans here in Tacoma, WA
Got most of the rounds split...I'll do the rest by hand...Pretty close to @six cords ready for the next couple years...
Ron
Ooops! Wrong pic...Sorry!
large.jpg

Here you go..
58695180.jpg

58695179.jpg

58701486.jpg

Last edited:
is that 6 cords of rounds in the second picture or do you mean what you have piled and split is 6 cords.

thanks

Nice stack!

2 Q's:

How long did it take?
What wood is that what the axe is leaning on (the bottom piece)?

Dean

This took about 11-12 hrs.non-stop to split. I went and rented a splitter.
That my friend is a piece of sh*t wood called cottonwood...I threw all of this out...Didn't know it was diseased when I picked it up...Started splitting it and found all kinds of bugs along with termites...NASTY!
Ron

That wood isn't quite cottonwood, but of the same genus, it is populus alba, aka silver poplar or European white poplar .....a wide canopied tree. Some think it is a maple as the leaf is similar. Silvery colored underneath. http://www.cnr.vt.edu/dendro/dendrology/syllabus/factsheet.cfm?ID=308

We had one in my yard in Virginia. Used to love to climb it as a kid. WE moved away in 1960. I vistited the farm in 1980. The tree appeared to be gone, but in its place were about 100 of its offspring.....yep, they stump sprout and send up root suckers like crazy!

Nice Echo.....

Good pics and nice job on all that cutting, splitting and good-looking stacked pile(s)! 'Tis a good feeling to have so much future home-warmth ready for chilly winters, eh?

To me the one the axe is leaning on looks like pine, The one that it is sitting on and the ones around it look like poplar

TwoTurboVolvos said:
Got most of the rounds split...I'll do the rest by hand...Pretty close to @six cords ready for the next couple years...
Ron
Ooops! Wrong pic...Sorry!QUOTE]

I've got a feeling you are GOING to be when she finds out you posted that! :D

Nice looking... stack of wood. 6 cords for a couple of years? That would last me one cold winter.

Thank's Guys!
The log the maul is leaning on is a Theodore Cedar...Got a load of it up in Seattle from an old historic home in Madrona Park. Naw, the wife doesn't get upset posting pics of her on the site....You should see some of the "exposed" ones I have.:censored:
Ron
59992796.jpg

Nice stack of wood there. I'm 4 cords behind you and I need to cut and split for two households... Before that, taters need planted, same with beans and corn. Then I gotta put a fence around the back yard and put a sliding glass door in for the old lady. Then if I can find any time in between, I'm gonna try to repaint the house. I'm in trouble. If anyone wants to come and pitch in, I'll buy the beer!

:cheers:

In the utmost of sincerity,
HickoryNick

Back