• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NIB Husky 288xp, 353, Stihl 660, 070, 381, Echo CS-1201

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:

I ran into few NOS 372xp oe that dates back to 2018, these are mahle cylinder saws. I remember bunch of folks here asked me for it if i ever come across them, if you're still looking for one now is the time. Price is still the same, while stock lasts!

Attachments

• received_1414963266124026.jpeg
    received_1414963266124026.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2
  • received_1142030320570426.jpeg
    received_1142030320570426.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 2
Want to say than you to @Robinwood. Been very busy and making due with the MS881. Finally got it out and thought I had a bar & chain combo that would work at local stihl dealer, but a simple .404 master link shut that down. Was definitely a show stopper at the dealer. None of them have seen a real one. 2 of the guys have been there over 25 years wrenching on saws. Can't wait to get it in the mill. Until then it will be a bucking saw. Thanks again Robinwood!View attachment IMG_20240115_071608_177.jpg
View attachment IMG_20240115_071552_810.jpgk

Update:

I ran into few NOS 372xp oe that dates back to 2018, these are mahle cylinder saws. I remember bunch of folks here asked me for it if i ever come across them, if you're still looking for one now is the time. Price is still the same, while stock lasts!
What are the cylinders going for?
i missed that post.

Want to say than you to @Robinwood. Been very busy and making due with the MS881. Finally got it out and thought I had a bar & chain combo that would work at local stihl dealer, but a simple .404 master link shut that down. Was definitely a show stopper at the dealer. None of them have seen a real one. 2 of the guys have been there over 25 years wrenching on saws. Can't wait to get it in the mill. Until then it will be a bucking saw. Thanks again Robinwood!View attachment 1144846
View attachment 1144847k
Now that's what im talking about!
Bet that raised some eye brows 👍
Have fun man

Now that's what im talking about!
Bet that raised some eye brows 👍
Have fun man
It did and then some. Had everyone in the shop out molesting it like FJB and a child. Probably 10 -12 people total as they are also a big Kubota and doosan dealership also. Quite a few of the younger "kids" (early 20s) didn't know that saws were made of all metal except the pull cord handle. A great piece of history and a what equipment was before our gov stepped in and f'ed it all up. Most of the older people there couldn't believe it was going to be used on a regular basis. They thought it needed to be a wall hanger.
That's what the 2nd will be for now. At least until I wear the 1st one out.

@Robinwood.
My stihl dealer is still trying to figure out a chain that fits on the 070 with a 30" bar. This is their 3rd try. The "stihl rep" said a 91 drive link was what it called for. Wrong, too short. They don't seem to know how to measure it then multiply the amount of links from scratch with the bar mounted at shortest length.

I have a page here from 1977 that gives the bar chain size. It says a 92 link chain for a 30" bar. It seemed that it would still fall a little short to me. Any advice? The bar is a Stihl rollomatic ES, 30" long, .063"gauge, .404" pitch.
Part # if it helps.

3002 000 9741

Screenshot_20240115-191809.png
Here is page from 1977

@Robinwood.
My stihl dealer is still trying to figure out a chain that fits on the 070 with a 30" bar. This is their 3rd try. The "stihl rep" said a 91 drive link was what it called for. Wrong, too short. They don't seem to know how to measure it then multiply the amount of links from scratch with the bar mounted at shortest length.

I have a page here from 1977 that gives the bar chain size. It says a 92 link chain for a 30" bar. It seemed that it would still fall a little short to me. Any advice? The bar is a Stihl rollomatic ES, 30" long, .063"gauge, .404" pitch.
Part # if it helps.

3002 000 9741

View attachment 1145805
Here is page from 1977
https://www.shforestrysupplies.com/...MIu7_cvtvpgwMVwGdHAR1NhgLXEAQYASABEgLSvPD_BwE

@Robinwood.

Part # if it helps.

3002 000 9741

View attachment 1145805
Here is page from 1977
I run 83dl of 404 on a 28" bar mounted to the 660. Have no bars that short for large mounts. I do have the factory old slide scale for sizing Stihl chains to Stihl chainsaws. It covers all the old stuff if you wish for me to dig it out?

That seems they are doing the same 91 drive links that is coming up short at dealer. Dealer just called and said they have a "match" for 36" bar and chain. Not holding my breath though. I'm thinking I should have just made my own chain at this point.
36" bar is 108 or 104 in 404 pitch. I forgot off hand. Rarely run a 36" on the big mount 084.

That seems they are doing the same 91 drive links that is coming up short at dealer. Dealer just called and said they have a "match" for 36" bar and chain. Not holding my breath though. I'm thinking I should have just made my own chain at this point.
I don’t think ur dealer , knows how to count, lol , it shows 91DL at various places for that bar ,

I don’t think ur dealer , knows how to count, lol , it shows 91DL at various places for that bar ,
I'll see how they do on this go around. They want to have their computer tell them what it should be. This is computers 4th try. After this I'll just do what I was going to do originally and use an old chain and measure it.

Back