• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Want to Sell NIB Husky 288xp, 353, Stihl 660, 070, 381, Echo CS-1201

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
View attachment 883699
View attachment 883700 Came in today. 66mm piston and big clutch swap. I’m 6’3 and 150 lbs. this thing is like trying to handle an old iron head harley at 90 with a blown front tire!
It gives me some big respect for the men that earned their living with a saw like this!
For the size timber they were meant, they don't handle too bad as long as your bar is 72" or less. A full wrap handle would help, if you can find one. And you will hate the non-AV, but the power leaves an 880 in the dust hard.

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
The 090 vibes DO NOT "smooth out" under a load, I can assure you of that. I've run a ton of other big saws, 797, 895, Homie 2100, 3100, 900g and nothing comes close to the vibes of a non AV 090. Now this is of course in big wood with long bars, there is no need of it in small to medium wood IMHO.

Mcraftsman

Mcraftsman

ArboristSite Lurker
I’ll likely run 5-6 tanks through it in the rest of my life. Most of it will be with a 32” bar. I really didn’t buy it to make a living, but I have big respect for the men that earned their living behind a saw like this. Be on the lookout, my kids will have a really nice 090 for sale cheap someday!

Robin Wood

Robin Wood

Go hard or go home
View attachment 883699
View attachment 883700 Came in today. 66mm piston and big clutch swap. I’m 6’3 and 150 lbs. this thing is like trying to handle an old iron head harley at 90 with a blown front tire!
It gives me some big respect for the men that earned their living with a saw like this!
Nice!
I see you got the matching decal, new 090 recoil will turn it into complete 090 in and out
Congratulations for putting together whats a dream of many

They're good in milling position, takes time to get adapted if you wanna pack it in the woods

Robin Wood

Robin Wood

Go hard or go home
I’ve run non AV saws quite a bit, but I’ve never run one this big. I’m sure it’ll smooth out when it’s loaded. It certainly feels like it has some real guts!
They get smoothed out better than 070 when loaded, my dealer and i have had long conversations about this. Seems like the bigger piston helps in cancelling out the vibes and slowing down rpm due to its added weight

Robin Wood

Robin Wood

Go hard or go home
The 090 vibes DO NOT "smooth out" under a load, I can assure you of that. I've run a ton of other big saws, 797, 895, Homie 2100, 3100, 900g and nothing comes close to the vibes of a non AV 090. Now this is of course in big wood with long bars, there is no need of it in small to medium wood IMHO.
I've run most of the modern big saws, surprisingly i find 090 smoother than 070/075 and the other range counterparts. Even 084 gives me tingle on my fingers after a full day of use, 1200/1201 is my favourite big saw in terms of AV and handling

Robin Wood

Robin Wood

Go hard or go home
If the MS382 is like my old 038 Mag ll, then it will be pretty similar to a 440. My 12mm 044 had a slight edge on that 038 mag, but I only noticed it when cutting side by side, otherwise when cutting firewood, I could not tell the difference.
Ms382 is lighter, snappier and has the same tq with more hp. All in all its an improved saw