• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NIB Husky 288xp, 353, Stihl 660, 070, 381, Echo CS-1201

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will keep my eye out. I have no 125's i'd let got in that price range.

What are parts availability like for this saw? Ebay seller says compression feels low, if you need a new piston or rings, what are your options? Also mentions you need a $10 carb kit- do they still make carb kits?

Low compression usually means bad piston and bad cylinder. If the cylinder is chrome it will be junk or pay
about 300.00 to have it rechromed. If it's a cast sleeve cylinder it can be bored and fitted with an over size
piston. A cylinder will be the hardest part and good luck finding a piston in any size. Carb kits are readily
available. Parts for these saws have become very hard to find.

i made a post regarding the updates on the model
anyway here's a short summary and local tale in my region

they redesigned the saw in and out almost completely, 80% parts dont interchange with 038 and 380/381
new parts consist of:
-crankshaft(improved for durability and torque+acceleration?)
-new starter pulley mechanism(plastic, reduced weight and filters big debris)
-new flywheel all aluminium with redesigned fins to improve cooling, acceleration and put less load on internals(might have sacrificed some torque?)
-new cylinder (slanted type like the 562xp and such, improved fuel economy 20% i believe)
-similar flocked air filter but they wont interchange, the choke mechanism has been improved
-different oiler mechanism, no more plastic gears

the output spec hasnt changed, [email protected]
vibes are alot lesser, handles alot better, improved fuel economy 20%, improved cooling and most importantly 6.2kg weight as opposed to 6.6kg predecessor
making it the lightest outlaw saw in its class, maybe even overall im not sure how much 562xp and 572xp weigh though
and the rest of the husky competition in the 70cc+ class

Latest posts

Back