• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NIB Husky 288xp, 353, Stihl 660, 070, 381, Echo CS-1201

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 883699
View attachment 883700Came in today. 66mm piston and big clutch swap. I’m 6’3 and 150 lbs. this thing is like trying to handle an old iron head harley at 90 with a blown front tire!
It gives me some big respect for the men that earned their living with a saw like this!
For the size timber they were meant, they don't handle too bad as long as your bar is 72" or less. A full wrap handle would help, if you can find one. And you will hate the non-AV, but the power leaves an 880 in the dust hard.

I’ll likely run 5-6 tanks through it in the rest of my life. Most of it will be with a 32” bar. I really didn’t buy it to make a living, but I have big respect for the men that earned their living behind a saw like this. Be on the lookout, my kids will have a really nice 090 for sale cheap someday!

View attachment 883699
View attachment 883700Came in today. 66mm piston and big clutch swap. I’m 6’3 and 150 lbs. this thing is like trying to handle an old iron head harley at 90 with a blown front tire!
It gives me some big respect for the men that earned their living with a saw like this!
Nice!
I see you got the matching decal, new 090 recoil will turn it into complete 090 in and out
Congratulations for putting together whats a dream of many

They're good in milling position, takes time to get adapted if you wanna pack it in the woods

I’ve run non AV saws quite a bit, but I’ve never run one this big. I’m sure it’ll smooth out when it’s loaded. It certainly feels like it has some real guts!
They get smoothed out better than 070 when loaded, my dealer and i have had long conversations about this. Seems like the bigger piston helps in cancelling out the vibes and slowing down rpm due to its added weight

The 090 vibes DO NOT "smooth out" under a load, I can assure you of that. I've run a ton of other big saws, 797, 895, Homie 2100, 3100, 900g and nothing comes close to the vibes of a non AV 090. Now this is of course in big wood with long bars, there is no need of it in small to medium wood IMHO.
I've run most of the modern big saws, surprisingly i find 090 smoother than 070/075 and the other range counterparts. Even 084 gives me tingle on my fingers after a full day of use, 1200/1201 is my favourite big saw in terms of AV and handling

If the MS382 is like my old 038 Mag ll, then it will be pretty similar to a 440. My 12mm 044 had a slight edge on that 038 mag, but I only noticed it when cutting side by side, otherwise when cutting firewood, I could not tell the difference.
Ms382 is lighter, snappier and has the same tq with more hp. All in all its an improved saw

Back