• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NIB MS362CM VW (Arctic)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jensen Hamilton

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone has interest in buying an absolutely brand new MS362CM Arctic model. I havent even opened the box but have decided I'd rather have a full wrap model so I am offering this one for sale; I have $1195.00 into it delivered in the lower 48.

This is what I paid...between the import duties and shipping from Canada and the increase price for the heated carb and handle it was expensive, however impossible to get in the US....

Not the end of the world either way...the kit for a wrap handle is another 250.00 with all the covers/dogs/bolts included. Just more than a pia than anything.

This is what I paid...between the import duties and shipping from Canada and the increase price for the heated carb and handle it was expensive, however impossible to get in the US....

Well the 362CM ARCTIC with 20" bar is $1040 CAN which is $739.47 US. I buy a lot from Canada and never have paid a import duty?????????? Now shipping to Canada they pay a duty but I have never paid a duty receiving goods from any country

The dealer was in Onterio...what a terrible experience. I still have yet to get an actual invoice showing the breakdown of costs. All I know is it took over a month to get the deal done....never again.

The dealer didnt use the word "import" but did describe a tax paid for the saw as a duty. I paid it to the Stihl dealer in CA along with 2 different shipping charges.

I would price a new wrap model non arctic. Buy it, switch handles and re-sell the non arctic

Better hurry if you want to do that. The type 1 362 saws are nearing EOL. I would not get an R wrap for that saw though. I ran one and it was just too bulky. Also a point to make; the 3/4 wrap form a standard 362R is not going to have the heated handle wrap on it. You need the heated R wrap to keep it an arctic.

Hang onto it and keep it new. Now that the saw is obsolete maybe it will go up in value? Never know with Stihl saws. The new type 2 model of 362 is in production now. Completely different beastie.

Can you elaborate about Type 1 and type 2? Stihl told me I could install a R wrap kit on the saw I have and it would be heated...

Yah, there is a new model of the 362 with a completely new engine and design. The new 362 has a lower profile and different cylinder angle (among other things). They are already being sold in Canada. There is also a new 261 saw with similar design changes.

Also note that there are two types of R 3/4 wraps for the current (earlier) 362; one is for the non-arctic, and the other is for the arctic (comes wired). The IPL lists them separately. PN 1140 790 3700 is the standard model R wrap and 1140 790 3701 is the arctic model R wrap.

How do I know if the model I have is a type 1 or 2??

The new 362 only came out within the last month. So unless you bought your 362 within the last few weeks, its an older model one. Only a few dealers have the newer type 2 362 in stock in Canada so far. Existing stock of the earlier 362 will have to be sold off before the new 362s hit the shelves in the states.

The saw came from a Canadian warehouse to the dealer in November 2015. But I was going to maybe buy a MS362R VW to replace it...wonder which model type it would be?

Not likely to be the new one, but you can read this thread on AS that we have been discussing this. If it is the newer model you may be able to fetch the price you want stateside. They are very east to tell apart. The old 362 has a 90 degree upright cylinder from horizontal, and the new 362 has about a 45 degree offset cylinder from horizontal. We do not know why they did not designate the new saws as the 362 and 262. The AS discussion on them is here:

http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...61-and-362-get-an-update.290461/#post-5668559

Back