• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NIB MS362CM VW (Arctic)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think any Arctic model in a box brand new will be desirable for many years. Not nice when you walk out of any dealership with a bitter taste in mouth. At least you have a unique highly valued piece of trading fodder. Did you order the 'R' and get a standard handled saw or just decide you wanted an 'R'.

Which model is more desireable??

We do not know yet. On paper the new 362 type 2 looks to be a winner. Hard to say how things will turn out over time. You can get upward of $2 grand for a NIB 200T saw now, compared to buying a new 201T for about $600. A NIB 361 will fetch $8-900 whereas a new 362 is $700 here. Older models typically fetch more after the new saws are released, unless the new release is a winner.

What is the difference between a 362C and a CM? Is it the tronic thingey. Also does the R stand for 1/2 wrap?
Not trying to bust in on someones sale, but I have a NIB 362C Arctic I've been thinking of selling.

C model saws can have any number of features, including Easy Start, M-tronic, or Quick braking systems. Generally a 362C is M-tronic, and a 362-CM. But not always. There are older 362 Q models that are also labeled 362C. The Q models have the large pop-up lever on the top of the back handle. M-tronic saws have no carb adjustment holes in the right side of the AF cover. As I understand it, the Q and VW arctic models cannot be on the same saw though, so its either one, and not both. R stands for the 3/4 wrap, yes, on all larger Stihl saws 362 and up. The 361 never had an R model from the factory, but they had an upgrade 3/4 wrap for it.

Just seeing if anyone has interest in buying an absolutely brand new MS362CM Arctic model. I havent even opened the box but have decided I'd rather have a full wrap model so I am offering this one for sale; I have $1195.00 into it delivered in the lower 48.
Please pm as I am interested in buying this saw, but please rethink your sale price...

he pays the canadian tax to get it. a dealer cannot sell a stihl anywhere but his store front so it has to look like the taxes were paid. in other words someone else buys it from that dealer (paying the tax himself) and then sells it to him. then he has to pay shipping with full coverage. if this saw is the VW it should be the heated 3/4 wrap model (R) and would cost almost exactly what he is asking in USD after it was all said and done. this is including the taxes and shipping though so your either looking at buying his deal from him so you don't have to go through the pain or he should take the hit on shipping and tax because it was his deal and he wants to sell it now. i don't agree with trying to recoupe tax or shipping but he can do whatever he wants. it really is the only way state side guys are going to get that model.

I don't think the price is out of line for what it is. Hell I've got over a grand in my ported 2153wh and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has big dollars in a saw or two. Keep firm on the price and/or consider keeping it I say.

How much are the Canadian taxes?

12%. there is also an eco fee of 3% i believe. trust me though. his price is right to almost the dollar with the taxes and shipping. should he take a hit on those? maybe. do you want an arctic saw? if you do you could go through what he did and pay what he's asking only to wait 2-3 weeks for your saw or pay his price for a saw which is already state side. i'm not saying it's a deal by any means but i'm not gonna say he's out to rip someone off either. gotta remember, a guy can't just go buy this saw down there and then finding a dealer up here even willing to ship state side is another story.

What is the difference between a 362C and a CM? Is it the tronic thingey. Also does the R stand for 1/2 wrap?
Not trying to bust in on someones sale, but I have a NIB 362C Arctic I've been thinking of selling.

this one is a VW which should be the arctic 3/4 wrap model (R). the M is the m tronic model. the regular 362C couldn't run with turd rolling down hill. the CM isn't really impressive either actually but definitely an adequate firewood saw and does seem to run a bit better then the regular carbed version.

12%. there is also an eco fee of 3% i believe. trust me though. his price is right to almost the dollar with the taxes and shipping. should he take a hit on those? maybe. do you want an arctic saw? if you do you could go through what he did and pay what he's asking only to wait 2-3 weeks for your saw or pay his price for a saw which is already state side. i'm not saying it's a deal by any means but i'm not gonna say he's out to rip someone off either. gotta remember, a guy can't just go buy this saw down there and then finding a dealer up here even willing to ship state side is another story.

I asked a simple question regarding the taxes nothing more nothing less. So what you are saying is the taxes are 15%?

I asked a simple question regarding the taxes nothing more nothing less. So what you are saying is the taxes are 15%?

why do you always have to be a prick man. if that's the info you want just read the first sentence for **** sakes. 12% for taxes and 3% for an enviromental fee. go suck an egg you miserable old cull! like you say to others. if you have no interest stay the **** out of the thread. everyone knows your not gonna buy this saw. you just want to take a **** on this guys sale. he selling a nice new saw. nothing like the trash you sell for top dollar.

Wow I ask a simple question. All I ASKED WAS WHAT YOUR TAXES WERE. If you want to be a disrespectul person then you need to go elsewhere. A simple question requires a simple answer. Your response is not warranted nor appreciated

Simple question what is the Canadian tax???????????

I am sure another gentleman from Canada can answer without hostility and disrespect. Here we have 7% to 9.5 % total depending on locality.

In other words There might be a 6% state, 1% city, and 1% local option tax. The total then is 8%. Other locations are a bit different but follow the same rule of thumb

Can I ask about Canada and get a answer without negativity ??????????????????????

Wow I ask a simple question. All I ASKED WAS WHAT YOUR TAXES WERE. If you want to be a disrespectul person then you need to go elsewhere. A simple question requires a simple answer. Your response is not warranted nor appreciated

Simple question what is the Canadian tax???????????

you don't like what i'm saying. your answer was in my post and any normal person would be happy with that but no, you have to whine about every little thing. you only ever post here in the trader so you use this site for your own financial gain. i help people where i can if i'm around and have time. you will never admit it because your bill.g but you are just looking to take a **** on this guys sale. why bother man? so now because you wanted to **** on him i **** on you. how does it feel? you know the tax, why did you need to know? so you could **** on this guy. he is asking what he has in it just like he says in his OP just like a few including myself said but that's not good enough for you even with no intention to buy. good enough for me. why isn't it for you? is it because you'd rather see people buy what your offering? nobody wants old homelites and run down old logging saws. lol

he pays the canadian tax to get it. a dealer cannot sell a stihl anywhere but his store front so it has to look like the taxes were paid. in other words someone else buys it from that dealer (paying the tax himself) and then sells it to him. then he has to pay shipping with full coverage. if this saw is the VW it should be the heated 3/4 wrap model (R) and would cost almost exactly what he is asking in USD after it was all said and done. this is including the taxes and shipping though so your either looking at buying his deal from him so you don't have to go through the pain or he should take the hit on shipping and tax because it was his deal and he wants to sell it now. i don't agree with trying to recoupe tax or shipping but he can do whatever he wants. it really is the only way state side guys are going to get that model.

Well, you can believe what you want and strut your stuff here, but the Stihl 362 VW arctic model is available as a standard and R wrap in Canookistan. Both types of heated wrap handles are listed in the 362 IPL. I also priced out a non-R model 362 VW Arctic in North Vancouver, BC, Canada the other day. That includes all BC taxes (12% total), exchange fees (3% at $0.71 USD per CDN dollar, last week's exchange rate), and shipping to my address here in the states from Vancouver, Canada via UPS, insured for $1000 CDN. The price for a new 362C-M from BC delivered to my door is about $900 USD. That would require someone purchasing it from the dealer there and sending it to me, but I have friends in BC that would do that.

Actually I know certain people willing to sell/ship said saw from Canada to the states for around $900 USD (shipping costs will vary on where in the states they live). I was not really wanting to poach on this thread, but I do not agree with what you have said here, in spades. The facts are quite different from my research.

I am sure another gentleman from Canada can answer without hostility and disrespect. Here we have 7% to 9.5 % total depending on locality.

In other words There might be a 6% state, 1% city, and 1% local option tax. The total then is 8%. Other locations are a bit different but follow the same rule of thumb

Can I ask about Canada and get a answer without negativity ??????????????????????

Bill, seller states he bought from a dealer in Ontario. He should have paid an extra 13% in sales taxes 5% National GST and 8% Provincial PST.

Bill, seller states he bought from a dealer in Ontario. He should have paid an extra 13% in sales taxes 5% National GST and 8% Provincial PST.

Thanks for the simple answer to a simple question. So 26%...that is steep:).

Back