• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NIB MS362CM VW (Arctic)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you can believe what you want and strut your stuff here, but the Stihl 362 VW arctic model is available as a standard and R wrap in Canookistan. Both types of heated wrap handles are listed in the 362 IPL. I also priced out a non-R model 362 VW Arctic in North Vancouver, BC, Canada the other day. That includes all BC taxes (12% total), exchange fees (3% at $0.71 USD per CDN dollar, last week's exchange rate), and shipping to my address here in the states from Vancouver, Canada via UPS, insured for $1000 CDN. The price for a new 362C-M from BC delivered to my door is about $900 USD. That would require someone purchasing it from the dealer there and sending it to me, but I have friends in BC that would do that.

Actually I know certain people willing to sell/ship said saw from Canada to the states for around $900 USD (shipping costs will vary on where in the states they live). I was not really wanting to poach on this thread, but I do not agree with what you have said here, in spades. The facts are quite different from my research.

Lol, just so you know I've actually had this done. Don't you remember when brad snelling posted wanted someone from Canada to get him the 461 VW? Well I didn't do it myself but I set him up with my buddy who runs a dealer. I know what it is and what it takes talking to my buddy during and after. Have you ever actually gone through with it? It sounds like you've done your research but it don't sound like you walked the walk. I'm not trying to step on your toes I just want to be clear that this is not my first go around at this.

Lol, just so you know I've actually had this done. Don't you remember when brad snelling posted wanted someone from Canada to get him the 461 VW? Well I didn't do it myself but I set him up with my buddy who runs a dealer. I know what it is and what it takes talking to my buddy during and after. Have you ever actually gone through with it? It sounds like you've done your research but it don't sound like you walked the walk. I'm not trying to step on your toes I just want to be clear that this is not my first go around at this.

Not your first go around with what? Exporting saws to the states, or not know what you are talking about and getting into a fight on AS with someone who does?

I have imported quite a few saws from the Great White North. There is nothing to it, really. My 211 that I still have came from Kamloops, BC, as a 'matta of fact, as well as other saws from BC that I have since sold or imported for other people. I have also exported many dozens of saws and saw parts to Oz, NZ and Europe. Mainly when the US dollar was in the tank, but it is pretty much the same process, in reverse. Case in point, if you must know the fukking goddamned details: I was asked recently for pricing on importing a 362 Arctic saw stateside. I called Arrow Equipment, a Stihl dealer in North Vancouver, BC who I have bought saws indirectly from before. He quoted a new 362 arctic VW saw with a 16 inch bar for $1030 CDN plus 12% sales tax, or $124 CDN, making it $1154 CDN total. As of last Friday, the exchange rate was 0.71 CDN per US dollar, so that is $820 USD. Add a 3% ($25) exchange rate which I pay to Paypal, which brings us to $845 USD. Then there is shipping, which by UPS from Vancouver to Oregon is $70 CDN, or $50 US for a 16 pound package. I only estimated him shipping the PHO, as I have a pile of 16 inch bars already and I would give him the B&C (a $70 CDN value) in payment for doing the legwork on this. So the grand total here for buying and shipping said saw from BC to my door is a whopping $895 USD. Plain and simple. You can look all this shitt up yourself if you do not believe me, which obviously you do not. It can all be priced out online or by phone.

Now, I could get that saw even cheaper if I wanted to. I could drive up to North Vancouver and pick the saw up myself, and then go skiing at Whistler. I could also fill out the forms and get the rebate for for the 12% sales tax. I would also pay in cash in USD. I have never had any problem with paying US dollars in Canada. So that would save me on tax and exchange rates, as well as shipping. That would be $1030 CDN, or $731 USD, out the door with saw in hand (and future rebate). Gas round trip (620 miles) would be about $60 at $2 a gallon. I can get a Whistler-Blackcomb ski ticket for $70 through the Ski Patrol that I am on, so that comes out to $860 USD for the saw, gas, and a day of skiing. Oh, and I would get another 16" B&C which I would never use on that saw. I would probably opt for a 20 or a 25 inch instead for $20-30 more. And I would get the warranty as the saw would be sold to me in my name (or whomever I got the saw for here). That would also come out to less than $900 USD (and around $800 just for the saw).

You still want to go up against me on this? You still think I am full of shitt here? Eh?

Not your first go around with what? Exporting saws to the states, or not know what you are talking about and getting into a fight on AS with someone who does?

I have imported quite a few saws from the Great White North. There is nothing to it, really. My 211 that I still have came from Kamloops, BC, as a 'matta of fact, as well as other saws from BC that I have since sold or imported for other people. I have also exported many dozens of saws and saw parts to Oz, NZ and Europe. Mainly when the US dollar was in the tank, but it is pretty much the same process, in reverse. Case in point, if you must know the fukking goddamned details: I was asked recently for pricing on importing a 362 Arctic saw stateside. I called Arrow Equipment, a Stihl dealer in North Vancouver, BC who I have bought saws indirectly from before. He quoted a new 362 arctic VW saw with a 16 inch bar for $1030 CDN plus 12% sales tax, or $124 CDN, making it $1154 CDN total. As of last Friday, the exchange rate was 0.71 CDN per US dollar, so that is $820 USD. Add a 3% ($25) exchange rate which I pay to Paypal, which brings us to $845 USD. Then there is shipping, which by UPS from Vancouver to Oregon is $70 CDN, or $50 US for a 16 pound package. I only estimated him shipping the PHO, as I have a pile of 16 inch bars already and I would give him the B&C (a $70 CDN value) in payment for doing the legwork on this. So the grand total here for buying and shipping said saw from BC to my door is a whopping $895 USD. Plain and simple. You can look all this shitt up yourself if you do not believe me, which obviously you do not. It can all be priced out online or by phone.

Now, I could get that saw even cheaper if I wanted to. I could drive up to North Vancouver and pick the saw up myself, and then go skiing at Whistler. I could also fill out the forms and get the rebate for for the 12% sales tax. I would also pay in cash in USD. I have never had any problem with paying US dollars in Canada. So that would save me on tax and exchange rates, as well as shipping. That would be $1030 CDN, or $731 USD, out the door with saw in hand (and future rebate). Gas round trip (620 miles) would be about $60 at $2 a gallon. I can get a Whistler-Blackcomb ski ticket for $70 through the Ski Patrol that I am on, so that comes out to $860 USD for the saw, gas, and a day of skiing. Oh, and I would get another 16" B&C which I would never use on that saw. I would probably opt for a 20 or a 25 inch instead for $20-30 more. And I would get the warranty as the saw would be sold to me in my name (or whomever I got the saw for here). That would also come out to less than $900 USD (and around $800 just for the saw).

You still want to go up against me on this? You still think I am full of shitt here? Eh?

man, i don't even have time to read this post but i will say the guy is asking damn near exactly what he has in it. this includes all shipping and the taxes. all provinces have different taxes, exchange rate changes as well. maybe he should not try get his taxes and shipping back and go with the current exchange rate. sure i totally agree with that and honestly wouldn't buy it myself unless that's how he went (if i was even looking for that saw). it still doesn't change the fact that it's his saw and his call. regardless of whatever transactions you have had with Canada he is asking damn near what he has in it. whether that's gonna get his saw sold is another story. no sense in argueing and taking a **** all over his sale.

man, i don't even have time to read this post but i will say the guy is asking damn near exactly what he has in it. this includes all shipping and the taxes. all provinces have different taxes, exchange rate changes as well. maybe he should not try get his taxes and shipping back and go with the current exchange rate. sure i totally agree with that and honestly wouldn't buy it myself unless that's how he went (if i was even looking for that saw). it still doesn't change the fact that it's his saw and his call. regardless of whatever transactions you have had with Canada he is asking damn near what he has in it. whether that's gonna get his saw sold is another story. no sense in argueing and taking a **** all over his sale.

The OP and his saw sale has little to do with my reply to your remarks challenging me that I do not know diddly about saw imports and exports, or how much I could get that exact model saw delivered here for from Canada. If you do not have time to read my reply to your challange, why the fork are you even posting in reply here? I showed you the exact figures, down to the dollar, after you said I do not know shitt about importing saws from Canada.

Eh?

The OP and his saw sale has little to do with my reply to your remarks challenging me that I do not know diddly about saw imports and exports, or how much I could get that same exact model saw for delivered here. If you do not have time to read, why the fork are you even posting in reply here? Because I showed you the exact figures, down to the dollar, after you said I do not know shitt about importing saws from Canada?

Eh?

windthrown, you are talking about you and your over the boarder purchases. never once said you didn't know your ****. all i said was that i have done this, recently too. honestly do not want to argue with you man. i enjoy your posts. i believe you have done it and i believe your numbers are probably dead on but i'm not gonna say this guys numbers aren't. when you factor in EVERYTHING his costs are dang close to what he's asking. again, whether he should be trying to reclaim his money spent is another story. if he priced it similar to the culls it would sell quickly i'm sure. sure he'd lose some money but that's money the postal service and government took from him. definitely a debt he should not be passing on IMO but it is his call. there may be someone not wanting to go through getting one over the border and would find it easier to just buy his.

windthrown, you are talking about you and your over the boarder purchases. never once said you didn't know your ****. all i said was that i have done this, recently too. honestly do not want to argue with you man. i enjoy your posts. i believe you have done it and i believe your numbers are probably dead on but i'm not gonna say this guys numbers aren't. when you factor in EVERYTHING his costs are dang close to what he's asking. again, whether he should be trying to reclaim his money spent is another story. if he priced it similar to the culls it would sell quickly i'm sure. sure he'd lose some money but that's money the postal service and government took from him. definitely a debt he should not be passing on IMO but it is his call. there may be someone not wanting to go through getting one over the border and would find it easier to just buy his.

Well, when you say things like "it don't sound like you walked the walk." I read it as a direct challenge that I have no experience regarding pricing for this saw model or importing saws from Canada, which is simply not true.

As for this thread and the OP, it comes down to simple supply and demand. It also depends on the current exchange rate. He likely paid a lot more for the saw, because at that time the CDN dollar was a lot higher than it is now. The CDN dollar is at the lowest level as I have ever seen it in my lifetime, at 70 cents today, and falling. It is so cheap that saw prices in Canada are now comparable to US prices. For example, the 362 non arctic saw is $730 USD here in Oregon now. In Vancouver, its $930 CDN +12% tax, or $1042 x 0.7 = $730 USD. Same price. In states that have sales tax, the saws in Canada are now cheaper than in the US. I have never seen that before, but that is the way it is right now.

Well, when you say things like "it don't sound like you walked the walk." I read it as a direct challenge that I have no experience regarding pricing for this saw model or importing saws from Canada, which is simply not true.

As for this thread and the OP, it comes down to simple supply and demand. It also depends on the current exchange rate. He likely paid a lot more for the saw, because at that time the CDN dollar was a lot higher than it is now. The CDN dollar is at the lowest level as I have ever seen it in my lifetime, at 70 cents today, and falling. It is so cheap that saw prices in Canada are now comparable to US prices. For example, the 362 non arctic saw is $730 USD here in Oregon now. In Vancouver, its $930 CDN +12% tax, or $1042 x 0.7 = $730 USD. Same price. In states that have sales tax, the saws in Canada are now cheaper than in the US. I have never seen that before, but that is the way it is right now.

well sorry you took that the wrong way man, i see how it could be though. saws here are cheaper for you but not for me. lol factor in the dollar and i am better off buyin here though.

For once, we are at parody buying saws here or in Canada, even with your insane taxes. If we pay sales tax here or file to get the Canada taxes back, its even better for us.

Back in 2011 the CDN dollar was 1.05 USD. Times have changed.

For once, we are at parody buying saws here or in Canada, even with your insane taxes. If we pay sales tax here or file to get the Canada taxes back, its even better for us.

Back in 2011 the CDN dollar was 1.05 USD. Times have changed.

i was buying left and right from US sellers on ebay back then. now i wouldn't even consider it. i wish i knew more about currency fluctuations. it annoys me really.

It is not a pretty picture for the CDN dollar in the last 5 years, or the last month. You can look up any exchange rate on Bloomberg daily. I got used to it pricing and sending quotes before shipping saws down under and to Europe. Vector Graphics will not post here, or I would post the graph results. You can look here though:

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/USDCAD:CUR

Something else to note in all of this: several saws are now considerably cheaper in Canada even with 12% tax than in the US in Oregon w/o any sales tax, including the 261, 461 and the 661. Some saws come out about the same, like the 362. Most are cheaper in Canada now. They also sell the 231 in Canada that they do not sell in the states, and the arctic saws that I cannot get here. It is an odd price mix and would be even more favorable in states with high sales tax like Washington (9%). I can see the appeal of people in Seattle driving up to buy saws at a large discount in Vancouver, BC. The exchange rate is also getting even better, and now 69.6 US cents on the CDN dollar.

Forget shipping, I may be driving up to Canada to get me a pile of chainsaws as soon as they get the new 362 and the 261. I have been debating about getting a new 461, and at the price of $955 new with the 12% tax compared to $1090 here w/o tax? Seems like a plan. Of course I have to get my passport renewed, but I need to do that anyway, as I want to ski Whistler.

The 201T is $750 plus 12% tax which equals $840CDN With the excahnge rate of 0.70 that is $588x3% =$605 US

The price here is $650 x 7% + $696US

Those are picked up prices

Something else to note in all of this: several saws are now considerably cheaper in Canada even with 12% tax than in the US in Oregon w/o any sales tax, including the 261, 461 and the 661. Some saws come out about the same, like the 362. Most are cheaper in Canada now. They also sell the 231 in Canada that they do not sell in the states, and the arctic saws that I cannot get here. It is an odd price mix and would be even more favorable in states with high sales tax like Washington (9%). I can see the appeal of people in Seattle driving up to buy saws at a large discount in Vancouver, BC. The exchange rate is also getting even better, and now 69.6 US cents on the CDN dollar.

Forget shipping, I may be driving up to Canada to get me a pile of chainsaws as soon as they get the new 362 and the 261. I have been debating about getting a new 461, and at the price of $955 new with the 12% tax compared to $1090 here w/o tax? Seems like a plan. Of course I have to get my passport renewed, but I need to do that anyway, as I want to ski Whistler.

Where can I get this 461 for $955? I'm in BC

Where can I get this 461 for $955? I'm in BC

doesn't exist, anywhere in Canada lol 461 stihls are 1280 CAD where i'm from IIRC. that's before tax. no way an american is getting a better deal from my dealer then me either. promise you that.

I believe he meant $955 US The 461 is $1240 CDN plus 12% which is $1389 CDN.

doesn't exist, anywhere in Canada lol 461 stihls are 1280 CAD where i'm from IIRC. that's before tax. no way an american is getting a better deal from my dealer then me either. promise you that.

You really have a bug up your ass on this, don't you? I think it was rather obvious I was talking about USD here. BTW, your CDN dollar has gone down again today. Your saws are getting cheaper for me every day. So I think that I am actually getting a lot better deal than you are, even if we pay the same price in $CDN, because I am paying in $USD.

Also the MS461 price at Arrow that I was quoted today was $1240 CDN. So maybe they are giving me a better price than you!? If that is where you get your saws in North Vancouver. Vent all you want. Confirmed price, $1239.95 to be exact, CDN, plus tax. Nuk nuk nuk... I can prove that too.

-The Ugly Amurikan... which is spelled with a capital A, like A-hole.

You really have a bug up your ass on this, don't you? I think it was rather obvious I was talking about USD here. BTW, your CDN dollar has gone down again today. Your saws are getting cheaper for me every day. So I think that I am actually getting a lot better deal than you are, even if we pay the same price in $CDN, because I am paying in $USD.

Also the MS461 price at Arrow that I was quoted today was $1240 CDN. So maybe they are giving me a better price than you!? If that is where you get your saws in North Vancouver. Vent all you want. Confirmed price, $1239.95 to be exact, CDN, plus tax. Nuk nuk nuk... I can prove that too.

-The Ugly Amurikan... which is spelled with a capital A, A-hole.

you post surely has me confused. when you factor in the dollars i promise you you ain't getting as good of a deal as me. unless of course you are getting contractors rate in Canada and if i ever found that out it that dealer would be done. fact the USD is worth alot more of course your doing better. i honestly don't care about the dollar. when it's low other countries buy wood (including yours) which keeps me working and doesn't affect my wages. as long as i stay away from the USA made garbage everything is still cheap lol. i remember when everything was ******, expensive, and made in the USA, now everything's just ****** lol i haven't priced a 461 for a few months though but it was $1280 last i checked IIRC. if my dealer is giving a better deal to guys down south i won't be buying saws from him anymore. he is not this "arrow" you speak of though. you must order in one heck of alot of saws that never get shown in your sig windthrown. most dealers i know here won't even be willing to ship down south. are you a US dealer buying from canadian dealers to increase profit somehow? or are you full of ****? i seem to remember you really wanting a 461 or a 661 not long ago. you make it sound like you own one and got it cheap from up here. how many have you owned since you really really wanted one? sounds like your more of a money markets observer then someone who imports. the fact that you were quoted today of all days is just BS. the day we are argueing you were quoted? really? lol anyways this is someone elses thread so i won'tpost anymore in it. you are full of **** though :yes:

Well, you obviously are math challenged. I am going to treat you like a cheap steak from here out. Whether you can understand this shyte or not. The price I quoted for the new MS461 was from:

Arrow Equipment, LTD.
1132 W. 15th Street
North Vancouver, British Columbia (that's in Canada)

Nothing fancy or exotic. That is their price. No dealer BS. No being full of shitt, as you claim. I am not affiliated with Stihl in any way, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to me or any Stihl dealers in Canada (or here) that I buy from with your feeble threats. I have purchased many many saws from many different dealers in North America, and I have shipped them locally and worldwide. All legally, all above board, and there is nothing Stihl or you or anyone else can do to stop me. My personal collection of saws expands and shrinks as I buy saws and sell them off. Not that I give a rat's ass if you can figure that out or not. As for what saws I have personally, that is irrelevant to my importing and exporting them. Hint: I do not list all the saws that I have here at any given time, nor the saws that I import and export.

Oh, and I forgot to add, I also get a way way way better deal than you do buying saws in Canada, because being an Amurikan (aside from the stronger US dollar), I can get a rebate on any Canadian sales tax that I pay on saws purchased in Canada and brought back here. There is also no sales tax due in Oregon for purchases made out of state, like there is in California. So they (Canadian bought saws) are sales tax free for me. Also any saws that are made in America that I buy in Canada are completely duty free. I can buy a truckload of Virginia made 261 and 362 saws and bring them back here, and not pay a cent in sales tax or duty. So please do boycott them for me, will you? Trash talk American made Stihl products, and maybe I will get an even better price on them in Canada than I already do now. Oh, and I can get a new 261 for $599 CDN right now as well. Do you think that is a good deal? Supposed to be a nation-wide thing up there in Canada. But I suppose that is a cooked up scheme of mine too? Heh heh heh. I am well aware of global saw prices, yes. I do take advantage of them, as well as currency rate exchanges between USD, AUD, NZD, CDN, and the Euro. In simple terms, when the dollar is up? Import. When the dollar is down? Export. You have to be aware of and on top of that or you can lose you ass in a hurry importing and exporting products.

I also see it now. You are Anti-American, and here to trash talk America, Americans, and American made products. Got it.

A For Sale post with 58 posts to it and the OP hasn't been on since #23. 2 Pages of banter and bickering.

@Marshy how has this not be shut down but you were all over @Jon1212 thread and locked it down twice?

A For Sale post with 58 posts to it and the OP hasn't been on since #23. 2 Pages of banter and bickering.

@Marshy how has this not be shut down but you were all over @Jon1212 thread and locked it down twice?
Its very quite simple, I haven noted this one yet. Also there is a clear distinction between a post that the item has been sold vs one that is still marked for sale. Now that you have been gracious to point this one out I will review if it needs to be locked/status changed or cleaned up. Thanks for pointing it out, I surmize you believe it should be locked.

Latest posts

Back