ArboristSite.com Sponsors

SOLD!!!! NIB NOS 262XP's $775 ea Shipped Updated

Discussion in 'Chainsaws' started by AlfA01, Dec 18, 2018.

1. dustinwilt68

dustinwilt68 Addicted to ArboristSite

Morning Dan, I saw a video of a 395, looks awesome!

AlfA01 likes this.
  2. AlfA01

AlfA01 ArboristSite Operative

Thanks Dustin. I think Mike made it a runner. It ran good before, but it looks really strong after Mike got a hold of it.

Dahmer and dustinwilt68 like this.
  3. jmwilson

jmwilson ArboristSite Lurker

Thanks Dan. PM sent.

Mike

Dahmer and AlfA01 like this.
  4. dustinwilt68

dustinwilt68 Addicted to ArboristSite

He is known for building some torquey saws!

5. AlfA01

Well, guys the unthinkable happened again. Got two more of these 262XP's today. Ole St. Valanatino was good to me this year.

Looking for $775 shipped. I had to pay a little more to wrestle these out of his hoard. LOL.

IMG_20190214_120418.jpg

chipper1, Dahmer, r black and 2 others like this.
  6. AlfA01

These are all sold out.

Anyone interested in a carbed 661 or 462? My dealer has a couple in stock.

Dahmer likes this.
  7. Dahmer

Dahmer Addicted to ArboristSite

Shame you can’t do the same with things that go bang. Wouldn’t mind a Steyr or Beretta.

AlfA01 likes this.
  8. CJ Brown

CJ Brown "I learned this from a hockey card..."

I see both of the latest 262XPs that you have sold here are up on Ebay now by the same seller.

Dahmer likes this.
  9. Derf

Derf ArboristSite Guru

cuinrearview and Dahmer like this.
  10. Dahmer

The guy does have the right but that’s a bottom feeder stunt.

cuinrearview likes this.
  11. K Mueller

K Mueller ArboristSite Operative

I think those two listings are Dan’s.

12. Derf

Derf ArboristSite Guru

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas we have a giving thread where the community just shares freely to other members. When someone is sick, the community gets together to start a go fund me campaign. If someone's kid wants to buy a car, we hold a raffle to raise them some money. Countless saws, time, and other items have been donated here because we're friends. If you see something interesting on Craigslist or eBay, you share the info for anyone else who might be interested. If someone discovers their 'ported' saw is a hack job, someone else will offer to fix it.
    This forum is full of countless selfless acts that the members here give to benefit others here.
    And when someone discovers a trove of new in box classic saws, they buy them and pass the opportunity to own them on to the enthusiast community here.
    So it smacks as really against the grain when someone takes the opportunity to own one of these saws in such rare unused form, not because they enjoy chainsaws, or even that chainsaw, but because they see an opportunity to profit.
    When they buy one of these hard to find saws just to flip it for a selfish profit, it robs someone else of the opportunity to enjoy one. And since they are so scarce, and they are depriving the enthusiast just to profit off of him, it's downright sleazy in my book. They will only get that kind of money from another enthusiast, so they're actually extorting money from the very community they are part of. If I were a moderator, I'd ban their IP address.

Dahmer likes this.
  13. cuinrearview

cuinrearview Red saw lover

I think you missed the point. Dan is AlfA01. He thinks Dan may be selling a couple on Ebay as well as hooking us up. But I agree with everything else. I was ready to comment to that ebay seller pretty much the same sentiment, until I saw where he was from.

14. Derf

Derf ArboristSite Guru

So if Dan (AlfA01) is selling them on eBay, why did he say they are sold out on here?

15. Dahmer

I think you’re right, on the other site I recall he said about moving some thru the Bay.

AlfA01 likes this.
  16. cuinrearview

cuinrearview Red saw lover

Because he sold all he wanted to here? If you want one send him a message. He seems like a good dude, he'd prolly get you one.

AlfA01 likes this.
  17. AlfA01

Well, because there's always more to the story. A guy from Japan wanted the some saws from me. We agreed to arrange an eBay sale.

I marked the price high and he made a counter offer. Just closed the deal this morning. They were marked up to avoid someone else snagging them.

He also wanted the MS261 after seeing I had also listed it for sale. We made a deal for all three. Check the auction history, you'll see the same guy bought all three.

So, I have continuously offered these saws to the good folks of the communities here. I always take reasonable prices and go out of my way to help guys get saws.

To be honest, if I want to sell some saws on eBay, Craigslist, or on the moon, it's my prerogative. I usually avoid the hell out of eBay due to the fees involved.

Further, if you go back and check the holiday threads, raffle threads and charity deals, you'll see I donate on average of around $500 per event.

I also donated a NIB 346XP to the Mastermind GTG last year. But, hey, maybe my efforts don't meet everyone's standards. I guess they must be moving mountains then. Lol.

Please refrain from publicly chastising someone you don't know without ever talking to them.

I ask you to at least PM me and clear things up before chastising me publicly in my ongoing sales ad. Thanks.

18. Dahmer

Dan’s a great guy to deal with, did me great on a Makita 9010, can’t wait for it to finally swim here. I think what happened here was somebody noticed a saw you sold got flipped on the Bay and guys were ticked that you helped somebody out with a great deal and they only did it to turn a buck. After that I ain’t sure how you got blamed for something.

AlfA01 likes this.
  19. AlfA01

No worries Mark. Someone PM'ed me that their stuff arrived on Friday that I had sent at the same time as yours. You should see it soon.

The guy that rubbed me the wrong way is historically less than thoughtful before posting. I would never publicly ask for someone to be banned based on my assumption.

Probably better guys like that aren't mods, or we'd have lost a lot of good members due to lack of proper analysis.

That pushed the wrong button so I had to speak up. Normally I just let drama pass on by and head the other direction. Lol.

I'm going to check my side of you tracking Mark.

20. Dahmer

Thanks. My side still says”on its way to a USPS facility.”

AlfA01 likes this.