NIB Stihl 044 !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should I do with this saw?

• Total voters
This is disappointing.

Hello Mr. Snelling,

We are in receipt of your email. Our computer records do not go back far enough to look up an exact date on your saw. The 044 was made from 1988-2001. That’s about all I can tell you. Thank you for contacting STIHL.

Best Regards,
Michael
Technical Service Representative
[email protected]
800-467-8445

I would keep it as is. It is only going to get more valuable . Some thing you can pass onto your heirs. I have a MS 200 that has never been fired . No box but the saw is still virgin.

I would keep it as is. It is only going to get more valuable . Some thing you can pass onto your heirs. I have a MS 200 that has never been fired . No box but the saw is still virgin.
Only worth what someone will pay for it ! $750 final offer

This is disappointing.

Hello Mr. Snelling,

We are in receipt of your email. Our computer records do not go back far enough to look up an exact date on your saw. The 044 was made from 1988-2001. That’s about all I can tell you. Thank you for contacting STIHL.

Best Regards,
Michael
[email protected]
800-467-8445
Any clues on the box?

id like to see it run with 462.
Equally modded it should take the 462c ... here’s a video by Hotsaws101 where he compares the 2 saws ... He’s an excellent faller and a very very good builder from the West Coast... enjoy !

This is disappointing.

Hello Mr. Snelling,

Best Regards,
Michael
[email protected]
800-467-8445

I have an 044 that I bought in 88, it came with a black lever and no baffling at all in the muffler.

Back