• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold NIB Stihl MS461R-VW Arctic Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't match what other dealers have told people in the last while. My understanding is that Alaska gets supplied by Stihl North West and they don't stock Arctic Saws. It would be unusual that they would be available in Alaska but not ND, MN, WI, CO or anywhere else in the lower 48.

Pretty sure the price is clearly marked as USD.

Dunno, you better go tell my dealer he can't sell them.

You wrote it, not me:

"With current exchange rates you're looking at $700USD".

I didn't see $1250USD this morning, so don't get rude with me! Could have just said that was the US price (which I figured)

Dunno, you better go tell my dealer he can't sell them.

You wrote it, not me:

"With current exchange rates you're looking at $700USD".

It didn't say $1250USD this morning, so don't get rude with me! Could have just said that was the US price (which I figured)

I’m not being a **** or rude. None of the posts have been edited at any time I post something for sale I always mark it USD or US Funds to avoid any confusion.

I am truly surprised that your dealer has stock of the Arctic saws. I had someone else message me last week from Alaska because his dealer told him not available.

I call every stihl Distributor in the US There’s no arctic saw . Call dealers in Alaska first thing when I was looking. They couldn’t get them.

I call every stihl Distributor in the US There’s no arctic saw . Call dealers in Alaska first thing when I was looking. They couldn’t get them.

I have a 460 Arctic and had a 361 Arctic. The 361 came from the local dealer. The 460 I bought used, not sure where it came from.

I have a 460 Arctic and had a 361 Arctic. The 361 came from the local dealer. The 460 I bought used, not sure where it came from.

A 361 arctic? You based your definitive statements off a purchase made what at least 6 years ago or does your dealer have new Arctic models on the shelf now?

A 361 arctic? You based your definitive statements off a purchase made what at least 6 years ago or does your dealer have new Arctic models on the shelf now?

They had a 362 and 461? (Whatever the new 460 is, I didn't pay that close of attention to it) last time I was in there.

I sold someone on here a 660 Arctic parts saw last year or so. Came from the phone or power company and was a local purchase (we had bought a big lot of saw parts)

For those that don’t know Choppy Choppy is ValleyFirewood.

You guys have all missed why valleyfirewood is cranky, this 461 Arctic is being sold with a new, clean, hat: not an oil stained filthy hat that was packed by a group home helper who shipped his packages for him :rolleyes:

BTW the Stihl Arctics are wicked nice for my winter cutting, MS460 Arctic has been a rock star for the last 4 years for me. MS461 Arctic not available in the states for maybe 3 years now.

GCjenks204 has been hooking guys up with Arctic Stihls for awhile now, buy with confidence.

You guys have all missed why valleyfirewood is cranky, this 461 Arctic is being sold with a new, clean, hat: not an oil stained filthy hat that was packed by a group home helper who shipped his packages for him :rolleyes:

BTW the Stihl Arctics are wicked nice for my winter cutting, MS460 Arctic has been a rock star for the last 4 years for me. MS461 Arctic not available in the states for maybe 3 years now.

GCjenks204 has been hooking guys up with Arctic Stihls for awhile now, buy with confidence.

Special needs Inuit kids. You forgot about the dirty coffee cup

$1250 is a STEAL for that saw. Not only is it not available in the US, but even a 461R (not the 461R Rescue, two different animals) at my cheaply priced dealer will run you $950-$1000. That's before adding the pricey ass heated handle (again, hard as hell to find) and the shipping he has so nicely included.

I would like to get this sold, very soon if not already sold out from Stihl.

Back