• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Nice Stihl 031AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent Curtis

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
919D3788-ADD8-495B-9C17-13E3BDFCABAF.jpeg BA0859F7-D1F3-4ADF-8AC9-D94C973DD0B0.jpeg EAE1EE76-8DB5-45C7-BB06-65EF26BF3418.jpeg 852F5A04-5D90-47C0-8730-67B1964CE897.jpeg 4B9F6B7F-EE55-42E4-8ED9-13EA83C48609.jpeg CAE427D4-0D0E-44C3-9862-95AB4CE2C2FD.jpeg 25C49028-933C-4F10-B5DE-B207C0AE1A0B.jpeg Likely be hard pressed to find a nicer one. I bought it as a collector.... but I guess I’m really not much for saws on shelves :)

160 psi compression in 5-6 pulls. I’ve never even fired it up.

Tomorrow I’ll pull the muffler and add some pics from under the hood.

I’ll trade for/towards an orange saw :) pretty open on models- but I would like to find a clean white top 61-

Came with an old original Stihl first aid kit..... I’ll include the waterlogged bandages and bandaids if you wish :)

Not that it matters- but I did list it on fleebay with a very appropriate fleebay price.

White top 61?
Husky rancher 61?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct- they came in a white top and a grey. Weren’t much for runners compared to nowaday’ saws..... and weren’t put together as well as the 266..... but I like em’ :)

I have a great runner. I don’t cut much, but it’s been my main saw for a good 15-20 years...
I grab some pics tomorrow

Correct- they came in a white top and a grey. Weren’t much for runners compared to nowaday’ saws..... and weren’t put together as well as the 266..... but I like em’ :)

Probably not the clean specimen you would want! But she’s been great to me and just fired her up after sitting unused for 2 years, and cut some 24”+ logs. [emoji6][emoji6]

IMG_3390.jpg
IMG_3391.jpg
IMG_3392.jpg
IMG_3393.jpg
IMG_3394.jpg

Probably not the clean specimen you would want! But she’s been great to me and just fired her up after sitting unused for 2 years, and cut some 24”+ logs. [emoji6][emoji6]

View attachment 700268
View attachment 700269
View attachment 700270
View attachment 700271
View attachment 700273

Fine saw there good sir! :) I’m sure it’s brought a lot of warmth to your house over it’s lifespan! You would be surprised what some elbow grease would do to bring out the shine :)

So is there any real collector value in this 61 white top rancher?
Maybe I should put it out sale and use the funds to pick up a more modern firewood cutter....

So is there any real collector value in this 61 white top rancher?
Maybe I should put it out sale and use the funds to pick up a more modern firewood cutter....

Ah not really- if the saw is very low hour it would obviously attract some husqvarna boob such as myself :)

I’ve seen em sell 150-300 depending on condition. They are a great saw, yours still
Has the chain brake (flag)..... seems most of them are broke off or missing.

Everybody should have more than one saw..... keep the ol girl and go get yourself something shiny :)

And that 61 is a wayyyy better firewood saw than a 031! This 031’s value isn’t in its performance..... as they are slow old saws.

Ah not really- if the saw is very low hour it would obviously attract some husqvarna boob such as myself :)

I’ve seen em sell 150-300 depending on condition. They are a great saw, yours still
Has the chain brake (flag)..... seems most of them are broke off or missing.

Everybody should have more than one saw..... keep the ol girl and go get yourself something shiny :)

And that 61 is a wayyyy better firewood saw than a 031! This 031’s value isn’t in its performance..... as they are slow old saws.

Thanks for the input. I’ve been outta the loop for awhile. Was active on here and collecting a lot 10-15 years ago. I got plenty of other saws buried away...
Mint gear drive pioneer, Mercury Disston 2cyl 2man, disston DO-101 2 man, and probably 20 other various saws, (jonsered 920, rancher 50, etc, etc) partials, and parts..
Life has settled down a tad, so starting to take up the interest again and looking to dig some of these things out of the barn... funny thing is, I never looked at my white top rancher 61 as old or collectible, it’s just been my go to saw for so long!
I should sell off or trade off some of this stuff for a nice modern quality wood cutter..

Ron

Back