Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3400 was 14.5 the 71 was +.75 lbs and 2 lbs for the 98cc . The big one has the 5400 crank and the 1" aluminum spacer. It adds up fast. What does the stihl 880 or the husqvarna 395 weigh.

88 is 122cc. So more on line with the 99cc heavy beast 2100. They way a ton.

You made a light weight 6ci :cheers:

John @MS460WOODCHUCK had told me about a bunch of Pp330 new at a TSC years back near him. No clue now. Lot of water under the bridge.

I remember when I checked ours and they were closing them out at $199.

Here is a 2007 one I picked up used and sold recently for $150. Heck just sold that 3450 with b+c for $150 too local.

Both of them had the leaky side tank vents that fall out. Wish they would have just left them on the top.

View attachment 811625View attachment 811626
John @MS460WOODCHUCK had told me about a bunch of Pp330 new at a TSC years back near him. No clue now. Lot of water under the bridge.

I remember when I checked ours and they were closing them out at $199.

Here is a 2007 one I picked up used and sold recently for $150. Heck just sold that 3450 with b+c for $150 too local.

Both of them had the leaky side tank vents that fall out. Wish they would have just left them on the top.

View attachment 811625View attachment 811626
are you talking about the sintered brass vent in the side of the crankcase? If so, one of my PP365's has a vent like that too. If it ever goes bad it might be a problem trying to find one.

Here’s one I was gonna post last night. Not a project. About 10 years ago Mark was nice enough to let us all in on a rare opportunity. (It’s coincidence, and I’m not stirring the pot I hadn’t gone on the Poulan thread in a while) I’ll also add Mark certainly doesn’t need me or anyone else to stand for his character. Anyway he found a load of brand new PP 330 saws at a local store. Offered to purchase them first for any of us who wanted one and then get payment. I was lucky enough to get one. I have the receipt, manual and 22” bar. I’ve never fueled it. I was gonna post about it cause I dug it out with my shed remodel. It’s dusty, I’m gonna clean it up and display it in the shop I just finished. Any way, long story. I hope Mark doesn’t mind me sharing it. But THAT is the type of guy he is. View attachment 811604View attachment 811605View attachment 811606View attachment 811607View attachment 811608
That's a dang nice saw Joe. I don't have any of the 330 or 380 series saws but I do have several of the 3300-3500 and 335-365 series saws and they are a pleasure to use.

3450 Type 3. 60cc. My tag came off but the other way to tell are the extra cooling fins on top of the jug. Only difference between a type 3 3450 and 3750 besides decals is the clutch. All the 3750 got the HD 3 shoe clutchView attachment 811741View attachment 811742
Is the 3 shoe clutch like the clutch on the 3400 and will it fit on a PP365?

are you talking about the sintered brass vent in the side of the crankcase? If so, one of my PP365's has a vent like that too. If it ever goes bad it might be a problem trying to find one.
Remember several years ago ModifiedMark had several NIB PP330's. Sold them to several members here and I was one of them. I kept mine for a year or so but then sold it for what I paid for it. Recall selling it in the Trading Post

3450 Type 3. 60cc. My tag came off but the other way to tell are the extra cooling fins on top of the jug. Only difference between a type 3 3450 and 3750 besides decals is the clutch. All the 3750 got the HD 3 shoe clutchView attachment 811741View attachment 811742
Also had one and sold it Joe. The type 3 has a Gilardoni cylinder with the extra fins.Name is stamped in cylinder base.

Duckbill bill behind the brass. They both been falling out on ones I did in past.
Both can still be bought last I checked.

I have a 2100cd here and thought I had a weight for it but did not find it. I will have to do that now. They are heavy for sure.

Paper spec sheet says 22.8lbs with 24" bar chain. So WAG around 18lbs.

Let me know when you weigh yours and take a pic please. Want to save it to the weight threads. Thanks

Ran into something that never happened to me before. All the times of swapping carbs, tanks, air filter set ups. Never had this happen till now. Choke wouldn’t set. Seen why on carb hitting air filter base. First time for everything.

WJ28A and B I’ll grind that little tab off if I have to go back to the carb that I started with.

Got closer. :drinkingcoffee:

p505build.jpgp505wj.jpgp505builder.jpg

Where could a guy get an oiler check valve for a poulan 1800? Or is this thing somehow rebuildable?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back