Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That can probably run off of a little 2000 inverter generator. My Honda eu2000i was whisper quiet. Loved it. Sold it a few years back but I’ll get another small inverter generator at some point. Just so convenient and quiet when you don’t need to power a house!

Back from the camping trip, the 4000 cut just fine, it got a workout if you call cutting a 12 inch pine into 14 inch long pieces for the evening fire. Found a blow down and cut about 16 pieces. Took a 5200 and didn't even start it. Fun trip but not much of a saw test.

We've been going to camp grounds lately, water and power hookups. I do have a 2200 Honda generator though. We haven't roughed it in a long time, pack in and pack out.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Your little AC is sort of like the one I got for fathers day one year for shop. It sets at the end of the bench blowing AC in the 100F+ days.

It probably is but I have not idea where the bag went. I even looked for it...

Been unloading my poulan stash and saws.

Still have the newer 3 pulley styles. The 3400-4000 pulleys sold out now.

Interest went in a new direction. Got into this kart racing thing with my son. Bought me a stock appearing motor and a bully clutch now. Billet rod and flywheel, big cam etc, carb bored, head decked and worked over.
Going to put my stuff on his kart for next race.

kart212ccx2.jpgbully.jpgppulley3500.jpg

I’ve never had a 245 until now . I’m impressed with the power it has . I guess I need one with a bow on it now. View attachment 844787View attachment 844786

Thats a nice lookin old classic there green lust!! Brings back some memories. I usually just used mine for fun cutting, GTG's etc. I decided to use it for some real work once. LOL Took down this 25" Ash tree and bucked it up. Back in 2011 it appears. Geez, time fly's. Always had a 24" bar on mine. Just seemed perfect on it. Some will poo-poo an old rear exhaust, no chain brake, no anti vibe, antiquated old saw from the 1970's. Many don't realize that its an all metal, no plastic, 73cc power house. And as I recall only weighed a little over 13 lbs.

I'll admit I never used it day after day, working, but when i took that tree down and bucked it, i never even thought about it not having any anti vibe features. Seemed smooth to me. Not saying I don't like modern saws. But if thats what I had back in the day, I would be smiling and proud, I do believe. :)

245A 003.jpg

245A 016.jpg
245A 014.jpg

Gregg,

Latest posts

Back