Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the VP racing oil. Why do you say it is impressive.

Reminds me of the KL200 100% synthetic racing oil I ran for years for the lubricity. The coating is so nice just like it was. Plus the VP has the anti rust etc additives.
Been running it a little over a year now with great findings every time inside one.
Got tired of having to order the kl200 in and I always ordered by the case. I can get the VPracing about anywhere here local.
16oz a half quart like $6.96

vp2.jpg

Reminds me of the KL200 100% synthetic racing oil I ran for years for the lubricity. The coating is so nice just like it was. Plus the VP has the anti rust etc additives.
Been running it a little over a year now with great findings every time inside one.
Got tired of having to order the kl200 in and I always ordered by the case. I can get the VPracing about anywhere here local.
16oz a half quart like $6.96

View attachment 845243
Does it really stabilize the fuel for up to a year?
I guess you probably don't know because fuel probably doesn't last near that long at your place.

Mike

Thats a nice lookin old classic there green lust!! Brings back some memories. I usually just used mine for fun cutting, GTG's etc. I decided to use it for some real work once. LOL Took down this 25" Ash tree and bucked it up. Back in 2011 it appears. Geez, time fly's. Always had a 24" bar on mine. Just seemed perfect on it. Some will poo-poo an old rear exhaust, no chain brake, no anti vibe, antiquated old saw from the 1970's. Many don't realize that its an all metal, no plastic, 73cc power house. And as I recall only weighed a little over 13 lbs.

I'll admit I never used it day after day, working, but when i took that tree down and bucked it, i never even thought about it not having any anti vibe features. Seemed smooth to me. Not saying I don't like modern saws. But if thats what I had back in the day, I would be smiling and proud, I do believe. :)

View attachment 845182

View attachment 845184
View attachment 845185

Gregg,
That’s a nice looking set up right there on the 245. Backed up with my all time favorite the late model 4000.

Does it really stabilize the fuel for up to a year?
I guess you probably don't know because fuel probably doesn't last near that long at your place.

Mike

Says it does on front of bottle, but I never have any that long unless I was testing.
Like I did on the kl200 for 13 months when I set a batch out to watch and use from time to time. Was watching for separation etc. Never did.

vpr-2907_xl.jpg

Found some over your way Gary
183e3f5dac26db3e94ece04f4419d472.jpg

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Enablers I tell ya :dumb2: . I keep selling and they keep showing up. Couple 49cc

When you got folks texting you when a local guy does not follow through on buying a couple poulans.

Had to buy both and shipped.

Not perfect and missing some parts. Broken handle on 3000. If pistons hadnt looked good in pics I would have passed.

p3000z.jpgc3049.jpgp3000zz.jpgc30499.jpgp3000zzz.jpgc304999.jpgp3000c30.jpg

I posted this on CRG and website couple days ago.
Well since I pulled the 82.5cc cylinder off and sold with the single ring NOS piston I had. Trying to decide if I want to put back on it. My favorite of series is the quad port 70.7cc. But I also have a 2077 76.5cc single trans here. I still have one running 445 71cc going.

If I was going to sell the saw once done. What would folks be more interested in? I have no use for this NOS 54mm 2 ring piston I had used in this build now either. If someone interested in it.

Verdict is in. Was ask to build it into a 445 70.7cc next.

Guy on CRG wants me to do a 445. Right now spoke for.

So pulled what I would need out last night. My nicest 415 recoil, My homemade decal 445 clutch cover I used on my own 445.
Updated yellow tank and air filter set up without air injection. Updated coil spring AV.

p445x4.jpg

#3 445 cylinder on and running.

71cc on left will be going on poulan for redo. With new piston and caber ring.
The other 445 cylinder on right usable too but you can see where a circlip came loose and went almost to top on one side.

Come back from lunch and see if she fires off. PP445 with yellow updated tank and air filter set up. Done before the air injection 505 425 445 but after the 475.

1st cut 20” buried. Wouldn’t you know it. Hit something in wood. ‍:rare2:

Moved over some after touching chain back up.

p44533333.jpgp445333333.jpgp445333.jpgp44533.jpgp4453.jpgp445333333333.jpgp4453333333333.jpg

I picked up this little Poulan 2000 about a month ago, I worked on it a little bit at a time. The guy didn't want much but I think I saved it from going to the dump. Have no idea what it's worth, I will try to attach a 30 sec youtube video of her firing up and running. I don't think it was run very much, but was put up wet. Poulan 2000 running Dates on picture are not correct, I didn't reset when I changed the batteries. This is one of the reasons I joined this forum, it was the only place I could find any information about this saw. Oh yeah, both oiler valves were in functional condition.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG

I picked up this little Poulan 2000 about a month ago, I worked on it a little bit at a time. The guy didn't want much but I think I saved it from going to the dump. Have no idea what it's worth, I will try to attach a 30 sec youtube video of her firing up and running. I don't think it was run very much, but was put up wet. Poulan 2000 running Dates on picture are not correct, I didn't reset when I changed the batteries. This is one of the reasons I joined this forum, it was the only place I could find any information about this saw. Oh yeah, both oiler valves were in functional condition.

View attachment 845804View attachment 845805View attachment 845806View attachment 845807View attachment 845808View attachment 845809

Bought a 2000 new in 1994 but mine had the molded plastic cage as one. Gave the case to a friend to get rid of it.

Came with 16" and still have the manual. Think it was $119 or $129 new. Good little saws.

Most used can be picked up 25-50 running.

Norms are fuel line and air filter needs replaced.
p2000xxx.jpg

Latest posts

Back