Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the guy bought the 445 he wanted me to do up. So another one going
#3 445 cylinder on and running.

71cc on left will be going on poulan for redo. With new piston and caber ring.
The other 445 cylinder on right usable too but you can see where a circlip came loose and went almost to top on one side.

Come back from lunch and see if she fires off. PP445 with yellow updated tank and air filter set up. Done before the air injection 505 425 445 but after the 475.

1st cut 20” buried. Wouldn’t you know it. Hit something in wood. ‍:rare2:

Moved over some after touching chain back up.

View attachment 845767View attachment 845768View attachment 845769View attachment 845770View attachment 845771View attachment 845772View attachment 845773

Woke up to $$$ in my account this morning. 445 SOLD :cool: :cheers:

Time for more kart parts . ;)

Morning fellows.

Well I acquired a few more Poulans over the weekend. A couple of them will definitely be in my "forever fleet" as they came from a dear friend. More on that later.

Question for today: How does the newer 190 top handle compare to the older 2350 and 25 series? Seems to be more or less 2350 with yellow paint and a better chain brake?

Basically the same as the 2300 though?

Is the S25 still the king of the hill power wise?

I cant recall if 2300 was a chrome bore. 190 chrome bore going by decals.

S25DA are the stronger saws.

But I sold all those first and still kept some micros around. I like the micros myself.

I cant recall if 2300 was a chrome bore. 190 chrome bore going by decals.

S25DA are the stronger saws.

But I sold all those first and still kept some micros around. I like the micros myself.
I'll have to check and see all of what I have!

The 190 is a looker, it has a climbing loop but appears to be nearly unused.

ABD50537-F963-49A0-ADAB-917AF01065E8.jpeg

I would think the flat portion down would give the ring more swing with less stress on the connector

I had put the Poulan 2000 up for sale on Craigs List, but after the storm passed here, my neighbor had a few limbs down, so I grabbed the little saw and it really did a nice job, throwing big chips and really light weight. Now I am contemplating just keeping it. I might attach a climbing ring to the back, I know I have the parts somewhere, just a matter of remembering where I put them. Memory isn't what it used to be. :rolleyes:

The 2000 and 2300 are bare bore with chrome piston. The Poulan Pros were chrome bore plain piston

What about the 2375 WT? Neither of my Poulans had any scoring on the piston or bore that I could see, I have a cylinder scope. Makes me feel better about it, since you have 3 - 2000's listed in your inventory, LOL. It's just a cool little saw and I was impressed how it cut. I am just a homeowner, but I have been falling trees, not regularly, since I was about 15y/o. that makes it almost 45 years. Just trying to say, I am not anywhere close to being in y'alls class, but I love working on anything that has a motor, especially if it has wheels, but my intent was just to save this saw from being trashed and probably crushed. Being in the hurricane zone on the coast, I think there are two essential things, a generator and a chainsaw. I have a Big Ass generator too. P.S. I love this site and I need some advice on two Cypress trees growing in my yard, one is a Leyland that may be diseased, don't know which section to go to to ask questions about their condition.

If your wild thing is like my old 4018 wild thing, plain bore. I have a few other 2000's sitting to be looked at but been too hot. Also have two Homies sitting, ones a big bow saw, red and white.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back