Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do ya recon it will go high?
I got it mixed up with another saw. My old bid was $25. I got out bid at that. I have high bid again at $36, sale ends tomorrow. I would think it will go a little higher. I have bought a bunch of bigger saws at this sale live, for less. With covid, it's on line only this year, and it lasts a whole week. Gives people time to think about stuff and come back.

Well the 4000 at the auction is up to $65 and I have high bid for now. I'm not going any higher. The way this on line sale works is the first item closed at 5 o'clock, then every 10 seconds the next item closed. The sale won't be over till mid night. I did buy item number 3. A john Deere X500 with 4 hours on it. Bid $3700 and with the juice it came to $4292. It's my daughters house warming/Christmas present.

Well the 4000 at the auction is up to $65 and I have high bid for now. I'm not going any higher. The way this on line sale works is the first item closed at 5 o'clock, then every 10 seconds the next item closed. The sale won't be over till mid night. I did buy item number 3. A john Deere X500 with 4 hours on it. Bid $3700 and with the juice it came to $4292. It's my daughters house warming/Christmas present.

I hope you get that 4000 too. Wack $100 on it go on lol.
20201031_161354.jpg

Sure is Canadian. Yeah its very tidy hasn't been abused just used by an owner who took care of it over the years. The guy I got it off was dying of cancer :( he had it 10 or 15 he said.

I rebuilt it thanks to this very thread here and you good gentlemen on it :)

I like the brake as I can use it on government land without getting told to sod off

This why I keep even the cheap saws around. To grab parts from when needed to do stuff on the cheap for occasional use homeowner.
Ran with chain brake on and clutch spring lost its temper. Broke through the brake band too.

Using PP4018 might be 4218 for parts instead of rebuilding it. Just had a slight score and had good used p+c already. Long as newer strato seems most swap.

Also needs a carb kit or a new carb. Being almost same prices.

Sold the little woodshark one yesterday too.

p3314band.jpgp3314clutch.jpgp3314q.jpgp3314woodshark.jpg

I hope you get that 4000 too. Wack $100 on it go on lol.
View attachment 865140
They just posted the results of the sale. $100 might have got it, it sold for $80, I had $75 on it. The other guy might have just kept going. I did buy a John Deere X500 for my daughter and son in law, for their first house (rental). Dropped $4070 on it.
7gJKCf3.jpg

Was out of the poulan zama carb kits to try to make sure this saw needed a new carb or not. Cost for new carb is so close. But being I am curious. I remembered a new stihl 180 carb that has been in a bin for 2 years now. Guessed right both use same kit.

Nice piston still in the little saw

p3314carb.jpgp3314p.jpg

Anybody tried to make their own choke rod for a 3700 or similar saw? Took the one on my craftsman parts saw for my 3700, but now that I'm trying to get the craftsman running I'm short a choke rod.

Wish those 4000 p/c kits would hurry up and become available. The craftsman really needs a new set.

Anybody have an easy way to remove the snap ring holding the check valve in on an HDB carb? I tried every small screwdriver, pick I had and couldn't get the darn thing out. The brass screen was plugged solid and I was able to remove it with a pick but cant put the new one in.

Thanks.

Easy to pull with a dental pic, but first change the sharp point to a small wedge using fine grit sandpaper backed by a flat piece of glass.

Hold the carb in a soft jaw vise.

What's even more difficult is removing a non-eared piston circlip with no milled access pocket...you’ll chase those ends around for 5-10 minutes. At least Walbro did not groove the brass check body inside, or you’d really be ********!

Easy to pull with a dental pic, but first change the sharp point to a small wedge using fine grit sandpaper backed by a flat piece of glass.

Hold the carb in a soft jaw vise.

What's even more difficult is removing a non-eared piston circlip with no milled access pocket...you’ll chase those ends around for 5-10 minutes. At least Walbro did not groove the brass check body inside, or you’d really be ********!
Tried a dental pic and bent it trying to get behind it. The picks do extend quite a ways from the handle, so it doesnt take much to bend them. I can't even get the ring to spin with a small screwdriver. She's locked in there good.
Even ran it thru my UC for 20min hoping it would loosen it up but no joy.

Maybe I can find something a little stiffer in my tablet/phone repair kits.
Oh I was ******** pretty bad. While the carb was in UC I was putting a new pull rope in a other saw and after 10 or so pulls the damn thing pulled right out, so I restrung and used a bigger knot and when I was feeding the rope threw handle I lost grip and the damn spring sucked the rope all the way back. Needless to say I was primed by the time I tried getting that clip out.
Thanks hotshot.

Tried a dental pic and bent it trying to get behind it. The picks do extend quite a ways from the handle, so it doesnt take much to bend them. I can't even get the ring to spin with a small screwdriver. She's locked in there good.
Even ran it thru my UC for 20min hoping it would loosen it up but no joy.

Maybe I can find something a little stiffer in my tablet/phone repair kits.
Oh I was ******** pretty bad. While the carb was in UC I was putting a new pull rope in a other saw and after 10 or so pulls the damn thing pulled right out, so I restrung and used a bigger knot and when I was feeding the rope threw handle I lost grip and the damn spring sucked the rope all the way back. Needless to say I was primed by the time I tried getting that clip out.
Thanks hotshot.

Are you talking about the little steel ring, located right above the plugged up screen?
Never had an issue with one being stuck before.

458AD417-3269-4639-8E88-E9261A464A4A.jpeg

Sometimes it's the little stuff out to get you!
I have luck getting the pick in the separation of the ring "gap" and just getting one corner of it to pop up. Bright lighting required.
Lately it's the stupid s**t that should be easy and isn't that really boils my a**.
I was at the point I was ready to send a drill in there but wasn't sure I could get the brass piece to replace it.

Are you talking about the little steel ring, located right above the plugged up screen?
Never had an issue with one being stuck before.

View attachment 866121
Yeah that's the one. Was able to pull the brass screen out with a pick hoping it would loosen then clip a little but nope, not this d**n thing. Now is the little black piece under the screen just another superfine screen or is it a valve of some type?

Back