Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guessing this is a long shot but does anyone have a lead on an ignition coil for a 5200? Got one for free not running. One of the flywheel fan blades broke off and smashed the coil. Would love to get this green machine running. Might convince me to use my west germany saw less.
Let me check. I've got some, not many, 5200 parts in a box. Not sure what's in it. Get back this AM.

I'm looking for the igntion module/coil unit. PN 39067. They are both coils but the transformer only steps up the voltage. I do have an ebay transformer coming just in case.

So good news. The 4200 is still available. Plotting to try and go get it.

edit: he’s moving further away so there’s a timeline on this. Gonna try and get it Monday.

Curious, it’s bigger than a 3700 but how does it stack up in comparison? It’s the model before they came out with the 3400/3700/4000 and looks like it turns slower RPMS. As mentioned I wasn’t really looking for anything as I have the Poulan 3700, a stihl 041, and a husky 372. Don’t cut a ton to really justify a 4th 60cc+ saw but for a classic poulan it’s hard to pass up. Regardless my poulan 4218 is getting the boot either for parts or give it one more try to get started and running well (I said that last time).

edit: he’s moving further away so there’s a timeline on this. Gonna try and get it Monday.

Curious, it’s bigger than a 3700 but how does it stack up in comparison? It’s the model before they came out with the 3400/3700/4000 and looks like it turns slower RPMS. As mentioned I wasn’t really looking for anything as I have the Poulan 3700, a stihl 041, and a husky 372. Don’t cut a ton to really justify a 4th 60cc+ saw but for a classic poulan it’s hard to pass up. Regardless my poulan 4218 is getting the boot either for parts or give it one more try to get started and running well (I said that last time).
If you like your 3700 then you'll love the 4200. I'd consider it a pretty big upgrade in my opinion.

The 4200 with feel more like a 70cc saw than a 60cc saw. It's got a lot of Grunt.

Interesting.... not sure how I’m sneaking it past the wife yet.

That is the trickiest part of our strange hobby.

I sell a bit of wood not a lot but just enough to self perpetuate the saw hobby. So you save by not buying wood you get fit and rest your soul at the same time as paying for cool old saws:)

Is been secured. She’s a heavy girl. In great shape! Undecided on keeping it (it’s weight may be why I don’t only cause I have the newer husky 372) but I’ll get it running. Think there’s a 24” bar on it. Pics when I get home

And fail... piston is scored. I really don’t care to rebuild it. If it was a runner I’d be debating it hardcore. I’m gonna hang on to the bar and am willing to sell the rest as a parts saw. Pm me if interested and make me an offer. I’ll assemble the power head only and can see what it’s cost to ship. I can take pics of the rest. Looks in decent shape but I’m assuming straight gassed. Not looking to make money on this.

Attachments

• F1328CA0-AA5A-4197-B18B-3D746E94A7AB.jpeg
    F1328CA0-AA5A-4197-B18B-3D746E94A7AB.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 25
  • 769D78CE-A919-47AC-A77C-DB09BDE5DAA1.jpeg
    769D78CE-A919-47AC-A77C-DB09BDE5DAA1.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
Does that fit??

my concern is finding cylinders seems to be incredibly hard. Just not sure I wanna fuss with it. Maybe maybe throw it on the shelf for a rainy day.

Looks like it’ll probably sell on Facebook to someone that can use it. I’ll get my money back since I got it for a good deal and get to keep a decent bar (though it’s a non sprocket nose).

Nah. I only got it cause it was so cheap and looked clean. Unfortunately struck out with the scoring.

At this point I need to get a smaller 50cc saw with a chain brake vs another big old saw.

Latest posts

Back