Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a type1 saw... from the IPL
23. 530026119 Check Valve
24. 530029868 Vent Plug sintered bronze
These are in front of the fly wheel and is just to the rear and slightly above the oil plug. It's under the pull start cover I just found it.

Confusing, I read your previous post as meaning you found the plug & duckbill vent...it does have one.

What is supposed to prevent gas from coming out of the hex cap with a hole in it on top of the gas tank? Thanks

Attachments

• 20200912_122902.jpg
    20200912_122902.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Sorry about the confusion
"front of the fly wheel and is just to the rear and slightly above the oil plug"
The oil tanks is vented
that is what I found .
Still no vent in the fuel tank of this poulan 2900. Rumored to be a partner design. A few features similar to the husky 41. 1997 time frame.

46cc my friend likes the strong cut IF it is running. For him it is also hard to start. Yet he runs a 268XP and 262XP which i rebuilt both for him....
Whats the problem with this 2900?..... LOL :dumb2:

So i have 2 3400 saws 1 is pretty much oem spec 1979 except for a hidden muffler mod. The other I put together with spare parts from the scrap yard, both got seals ,fuel system gone through ect...
The parts saw 3400 really rips though? I mean it doesn't even sound right? Faster ,louder, and seems to be more powerful, idk if it was ported in its past but I'll have to post a video.
They both kinda stumble just a hair if I point the nose of the bar down quickly, then even out , this common?

Sorry about the confusion
"front of the fly wheel and is just to the rear and slightly above the oil plug"
The oil tanks is vented
that is what I found .
Still no vent in the fuel tank of this poulan 2900. Rumored to be a partner design. A few features similar to the husky 41. 1997 time frame.

46cc my friend likes the strong cut IF it is running. For him it is also hard to start. Yet he runs a 268XP and 262XP which i rebuilt both for him....
Whats the problem with this 2900?..... LOL :dumb2:
There should be a sintered plug with a duckbill check valve on the recoil side of the fuel tank. You would have to remove the recoil to see it.

Ditch the blue pump diaphragm. They do not pump well at all.

If you have trouble finding the tank vent, let me know and I'll pull a recoil off a similar Poulan and send some pics tomorrow.

In a pm to a contributor I said I would pull off the last remaining item...the plastic and rubber manifold panel,
found it (fuel tank sintered bronze plug)
2900vent.jpg
I may have to go inside with a dental mirror to possibly see the hole or duckbill as it is NOT visible at all from the fill hole. It did pull 10" hg through the carb line to the filter. May be starving the mini carb pump for fuel.
Added: exam complete, there is a duckbill. Same pair as oil tank
Thanks guys think I'm good now

In a pm to a contributor I said I would pull off the last remaining item...the plastic and rubber manifold panel,
found it (fuel tank sintered bronze plug)
View attachment 869824
I may have to go inside with a dental mirror to possibly see the hole or duckbill as it is NOT visible at all from the fill hole. It did pull 10" hg through the carb line to the filter. May be starving the mini carb pump for fuel.
Added: exam complete, there is a duckbill. Same pair as oil tank
Thanks guys think I'm good now
Nice pic, that'll help someone else in the future good job!

Picked this 2300 up a month ago for 15 bucks, no bar n chain, no handguard, and guy said it leaked fuel out the handle. Cleaned it, replaced fuel line, had a spare 16" craftsman bar/chain, had an extra hand guard, a dozen pulls later and she came to life. Idles perfect, runs out nice, and took a third of a codominant maple out that started dying. I didn't even open up the carb on this one. I may do it just to make sure its clean. Notice the pic where you can see the top of the gas cap missing centerpiece, turnt on its side full throttle and it sprayed me pretty good. Had another spare laying in a box.
Shame this model didn't have a chainbrake....at least I dont think there's versions of it with one.
View attachment 869005View attachment 869006View attachment 869007
Canadian versions had a chain brake, I have 2

I could pull 10" HG, then it would very slowly creep back to zero.

It did pull 10" hg through the carb line to the filter. May be starving the mini carb pump for fuel.

May be the “Understatement of the year award”!

:laughing:
My friend did not use E-10 but his friend (prior owner E-10 maybe?) Is the duck bill goo? Did the duck bill get opened by the vacuum?
Inquiring minds want to know:cool:
Added:
Just filled the little hole with the bronze filter with isopropal alcohol and pumped a vacuum. It may have cleaned out old gooey oil. It won't pull much vacuum any more and I can watch the alcohol get sucked down in 3-4 seconds.
never give up,
never give up,
never give up

:wtf:

Why don’t you simply order the 2 fuel tank vent parts, then pull that assembly out to properly fix it?

It shouldn’t pull any vac in reverse like that, now you know it has failed & will leak gas out when turned on it’s side felling.

Latest posts

Back