Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well when you own a lot of saws and some of them good size like the Poulan 505 or 475, and the good ole 5200, You need some good size wood to run them in.
So I got this piece of cottonwood the other day. I will cut it, split it, and stack and use it for firewood. Out here you cannot be to particular.

IMG_1480.JPG
IMG_1481.JPG

I sure hope others have better luck than me selling on Ebay. Just sold a 3400 for under $100. Wasn't expecting a hell of a lot more but was hoping for about $115 or so and thats with a bar and chain. In a selling mood and am going to stick one of my 4000's on there this week. Since my brother passed last year , my trips to Vermont are less frequent thus my cutting oportunities. Never had any luck selling Poulans in the Trading Post.

I sure hope others have better luck than me selling on Ebay.
I quit using Fleabay a couple of years ago ! With the listing fees, selling fees, paypal fees, postage. I do not see any path to breaking even. I hardly buy anything new on there anymore because of it's Country of Origin, and Amazon has become the new Fleabay for selling those new items as well. In a comment they said as soon as they cancel one seller, 10 more pop up.

Last thing I bought was a twin cylinder Briggs engine for a neighbors lawn mower, couple of years ago. Seller did not package with anything but a little paper and FedEx destroyed it. Cooling fins were broken off, coil mount was broken off among other things.

I sure hope others have better luck than me selling on Ebay. Just sold a 3400 for under $100. Wasn't expecting a hell of a lot more but was hoping for about $115 or so and thats with a bar and chain. In a selling mood and am going to stick one of my 4000's on there this week. Since my brother passed last year , my trips to Vermont are less frequent thus my cutting oportunities. Never had any luck selling Poulans in the Trading Post.

Sorry to hear about your brother Bob.

Just wanted to share with everybody what I just picked up today. Piston and cylinder look awesome. This is going to be my first complete tear down and rebuild saw. Hardest part is going to be finding parts I feel.

View attachment 883961
Nice find. I have a 405 and did have a 655. Word to the wise. I believe there is a plastic separator between the fuel and oil tanks. Be sure its in place. I did have to reattach mine. I believe I used JB Weld, though it was a while ago.

Working on a few chainsaws right now sounds about fun compared to this. Heater door broke off inside hvac case, no fun to replace.
2096192f79c0ef5f054193b80caf5ecc.jpg

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Working on a few chainsaws right now sounds about fun compared to this. Heater door broke off inside hvac case, no fun to replace.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
Dude, I feel for you. I did a girl's Chevy Equinox blend door once, and I had more cuts on my hands and arms. I had to do the same thing remove dash, console, steering column etc., it looked like I had scratched poison ivy using a chainsaw.
And all that B*** did was put a big dent in my BMW I had lent her until I could get it fixed. She even brought it back empty on gas and I filled up her truck. Worse, she never even paid me for the frickin' parts. Did an intake gasket leak too (edit, that was on the Blazer she traded in). Good dang thing she was cute, but kicked her to the curb when I found out she was a lying leech.
:wtf:

Latest posts

Back