Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the starting positions on the Walbro on a 295? Mine seemed to be out almost 3 turns? Starts and runs momentarily then dies. Thanks for any help.

The Chain Saw Service Manual states , " Initial adjustmentof idle and high speed mixture needles is one turn open from a lightly seated position " .

How's everybody doing this weekend?? So I have a couple things. Anybody ever have issues with spark plugs leaking compression on the 3800's? I ask this because I've had running issues with 2 of mine. I've gone through checking spark and fuel and compression and everything always checked out. When you would pull either of them over to start the first 2 pulls had compression and after that it was nothing. Just happened to replace to spark plug in one and it fired right up and has run flawlessly since. Replaced the spark plug on the 2nd one just for the hell of it and wouldn't you know it fired up and runs just fine as well. What are the odds of 2 of them with that problem at the same time??

My second thing is I'm looking to get a 20" bar for my 4000. I figured a bar and chain off my 3800 would swap over. The bar fits perfect but the chain doesn't quite line up with the sprocket. 3/8" 72 20" chain. I'm not a bar and chain guru. I'm still learning here. I just figured they would swap but it just doesn't seem right to me. 7 tooth sprocket on the 4000. I didn't count the teeth on my 3800 sprockets. I should have measured to make sure they were the same count.

Never heard of that, were both the plugs loose? Are the plugs all Champion CJ-8Y extended tip?

The 3800 & 4000 call for the same exact sprocket & bar, is your 3800 or 4000 missing the small thrust washer at the case, or the fat clutch washer down inside the drum?

Never heard of that, were both the plugs loose? Are the plugs all Champion CJ-8Y extended tip?

The 3800 & 4000 call for the same exact sprocket & bar, is your 4000 missing the small thrust washer at the case, or the fat clutch washer down inside the drum?
Is the sprocket on your 4000 worn out? A worn sprocket might cause that.

The 3800 & 4000 call for the same exact sprocket & bar, is your 4000 missing the small thrust washer at the case, or the fat clutch washer down inside the drum?
The old and new plugs are both Champion CJ-8Y. They were never loose. After actually figuring out what was going on I got to looking at the sealing washers and both of them had seen better days. I'll have to get a picture of them. I'll have to check that out. I didn't look to closely at that.
Is the sprocket on your 4000 worn out? A worn sprocket might cause that.
Sprocket itself looks pretty good to me. I've seen some pretty worn out ones before.

Here is one example of an original bar Poulan used on the 5200. I'm sure there are probably other styles out there.They made the 5200 for a number or years, so probably several variations out there would be my guess. I can't say as to what years they were used. This one is a 30" bar, which I think I paid like $77 for back in 2012-13. They were made by Windsor & used the S-clip on the bar studs.

View attachment 879595

Gregg,

Wow, another example below of OEM collector bar prices going through the roof! $212 plus the state tax. Doubt that it sells for that much...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Poulan...P-5200-5400-4400-8500-many-more-/133671957180

Way more to the story and issues. Alot more pics saved to here and FBG http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/craftsman-3-3-sears-best/msg87699/?boardseen#new

But here is very short version.

Local bought that NOS 3.3 I knew about Nov 2020. He couldnt get it running right so I took it in for a look after changing lines and carb kit.

1996 on tag

Saw came in saying only run on half choke. Choke off just for few seconds.
Soon as I seen the tank vent routing heading under air filter I pretty much knew what I would find.

All good now. He had line routing wrong. Didnt run impulse line. He had run tank vent to impulse line.

c33box.jpgc33carbiss.jpgcnos33x.jpgcnos33xx.jpg
c33nosp.jpg

Wow talk about a turn of events yesterday. While that local was here he demoed my g372xp 24". He ask me later if I would sell or trade. I'm like sure I'll trade for stuff. Dont really need the cash if it helps him out.
Well this guy has alot of saws. But not bigger cc or full wrap. So I gave half wrap and small dawg too alone with full wrap and big dawgs left on saw.

Anyhow I ended up with that NOS 3.3 after he ran 2 tanks through it. A poulan badboy 3450 that runs but needs some love and a sweet husky 51.

Oh and took a running but needs lines, carb kit imo, poulan 3400 on trade for some labor.

c33noss.jpgc33NOSzz.jpgg372fww.jpgh51r.jpgh51t.jpgp3400.jpgp3400x.jpgp3450bbtaaa.jpgp3450bbtaa.jpgp3450bbta.jpg

I picked up this Poulan Pro 475 the other day, but don't know too much about them. I'm not quite sure why they robbed parts off it because it seems to be in real nice shape. I believe it is the same as a Jonsered 2083 as far as a lot of parts. View attachment 891931View attachment 891932View attachment 891933

Jred 2077 and Partner 7700

I've parted runners in them before too.

I personally dislike the old air filter sytem on those and the older tank for that system. Reason why they updated those thank goodness.

Quick dust off.

Chain that comes with these in 1996 and the bottle of oil too.

Cleaned up after past owner cut with it for 2 tanks.

Going onto shelf till someone wants to buy it with the box for a collection I would reckon.

Trade might happen. Just depends if other saw shows up.

What filter looked like after 2 tanks.

c33chain.jpgc33oil.jpgc33af.jpgc332tanks.jpgc33NOSzz.jpg

Back