Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Backing up a page, the Wright blade saws do not have a shaft extending from the crankcase to drive any accessory outputs. The earliest models actually had a rod connected to the top of the piston to drive the blade, with seals on the top of the cylinder head. Later models had a second throw on the crankshaft with an independent rod to drive the blade. The blade moves whenever the engine is running, if you push the trigger to one side when you release it the engine continues to run, if you simply release the throttle trigger the engine will stop.

Mark

Oh yeah, the reason I dropped by was to know if there is a source for the little keepers that hold the duckbill valve in the fuel caps on various Poulan saws and trimmers. They look like external tooth lock washers but I can't seem to find one that is just the right size to work.

Mark

Oh yeah, the reason I dropped by was to know if there is a source for the little keepers that hold the duckbill valve in the fuel caps on various Poulan saws and trimmers. They look like external tooth lock washers but I can't seem to find one that is just the right size to work.

Mark
Closest part I ever found was a 5/16” size at McMaster-Carr, item #98435A132, as the actual bore in a Poulan S25DA or 306/245 plastic cap is 0.320”.

x100 washer per package...same 6 petals & black phosphate finish.

https://www.mcmaster.com/retaining-washers/push-on-internal-retaining-rings/
https://www.mcmaster.com/98435A132

I don’t think Poulan made a craftsman version bow saw . I just tricked it out a little .
No matter still looks good all in red. I could not tell one way or the other if it was made by Poulan as a bow saw or not.
I Remember a Tim Allen 3750 that I welded up because someone cut it all out for a bow saw.

No matter still looks good all in red. I could not tell one way or the other if it was made by Poulan as a bow saw or not.
I Remember a Tim Allen 3750 that I welded up because someone cut it all out for a bow saw.
That was the craziest dang thing to see when it arrived.

Good thing it ended up in your hands to fix that. :cool: :yes::cheers:

Then smoked like a freight train. Had to split and redo crankcase seal. Team work saw.

p3750bs.JPG

I was hoping they would have been gone by this weekend.

Hoping the 2 3.7 are thin ring 3700 tops. But chance they could be thick ring 3800. Time will tell.

Little guy 2.3 with that sharpening deal on cover. Heck one of the 3.7 too.

Bought all as non runners that had been stored. Suppose to ran when put up. ‍

Anyone need this older stihl bar for a collector saw?

c37.jpgc3723.jpgc377.jpgc3777.jpgsbar16.jpg

Marke
I bought some nice ones @ my local Stihl dealer.
$1.75/ea.
Worked great on my Poulan's.

Wish I could find some 3/16" OD spring clips for my Impulse lines!

Back