Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, is that climbing loop a Poulan part? Same one just one is upside down?
This may not apply to the PP 190 you guys are discussing. It just jogged my memory that I had this service bulletin referring to a Super 25 with a ring. I tied it on mine, did not like it or fit well for me.341.jpg
340.jpg

You might have out bid him then. He was watching one and asking what it was. :cheers:
Yeah I figured that was the case. Dude probably ain’t happy with me :p

I kinda stumbled upon it while looking for something else and seen the auction was almost over so I just went for it. It’s going to a good home ;)

Looks like what the 385 I had too. I had full and half and small and big dawgs. Small in pic. :cheers:

Man I loved that 385 saw (but a local logger liked it more).

We compared a 064 with this 385 and my 505 all in same ash one day testing. They all cut right with each other with 28" buried.

Same with a 372 I sold to same logger. Big on.

View attachment 827973View attachment 827974
I ran my ported 505 and a ported 390 side by side in the same wood with 32" bars buried and running new full skip 3/8 .050 chisel chain. Both saws cut right with each other. I like the 505's weight and balance way more than the 390, but I likes me my ported 372's even better yet.

I ran my ported 505 and a ported 390 side by side in the same wood with 32" bars buried and running new full skip 3/8 .050 chisel chain. Both saws cut right with each other. I like the 505's weight and balance way more than the 390, but I likes me my ported 372's even better yet.
Ooh a ported 505?! :sweet:

I’m about two coffee cups away from trying out my stock new to me 505 this morning.

It's funny but I had never even heard of these bigger displacement poulans until you guys started talking about them.
Did you port them yourself,
and how would it be if all were stock?
I'll have to keep my eyes open for them now .

It's funny but I had never even heard of these bigger displacement poulans until you guys started talking about them.
Did you port them yourself,
and how would it be if all were stock?
I'll have to keep my eyes open for them now .

My stock 505 cut same as my 385 and friends 064 all stock tested in dry ash log with thinking it was 28" buried.

Does anywhere sell a scrench with 9/16 head? Would be nice to not have to carry a separate wrench for my big Poulan.

I got 2 or 3 scrench for the bigger poulan bar nuts but cant recall what they were size wise. I try to keep one on each bench and that way can pack if going out too. Local shop up north carried them.

So being I cant recall. Is it the same size as the bigger ones on the other poulans?

I actually mark it with black marker on the end to know off sight.

Just looked ebay too.

I got 2 or 3 scrench for the bigger poulan bar nuts but cant recall what they were size wise. I try to keep one on each bench and that way can pack if going out too. Local shop up north carried them.

So being I cant recall. Is it the same size as the bigger ones on the other poulans?

I actually mark it with black marker on the end to know off sight.

Just looked ebay too.
I think the large Poulans as well as some Homies use the 9/16 and other Homies use a larger one, either 5/8 or 11/16. Keeps me hopping when I’m taking multiple breeds out in the field lol.

Then you’ve got Stihl lol.

I think the large Poulans as well as some Homies use the 9/16 and other Homies use a larger one, either 5/8 or 11/16. Keeps me hopping when I’m taking multiple breeds out in the field lol.

Then you’ve got Stihl lol.

Some have been added since this pic. :sweet:

Got one homemade for the 166's

Love the ratchet one on the benches. So much time saved doing one saw after another. One handing while lifting bar too.

screnches.jpgrspx.jpg

I didn’t even need to cut these trees, they just fell over from fright as I walked towards them. LOL!

Neighbor had a pro drop several trees that were threatening his structures so I’m just doing the bucking. I did a couple of test cuts today but I’ll be putting a 24 or 28 on this saw going forward unless i find wood large enough to where I would need the 36.
1D55E775-2FC9-4DA5-B023-3FD8798EE8C2.jpeg

Is there an updated recoil assembly that works on a 4200. I can get the recoil to work perfectly but if I tighten the mounting screws down all the way I cant pull it over. Maybe I'm missing something thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back