Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only problem with the Chevy Vega is that it started burning oil. Then the went to case iron sleeves. A guy I worked with ages ago told me they had to send those plain bore blocks out to have them sleeved to fix the problem.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I remember a neighbor growing up had one. Dad used to save our old oil to give him to feed it. :laughing: :drinkingcoffee:

Yep, still here Tim. Went to Walmart week ago for first time in 2020. Geeez all the people and masks, was glad to be back home. One good thing about living out in the sticks, so to speak.

Gregg,

I hear you Gregg. Good to hear you're still on the farm. Prettiest one in your neighborhood.

Another 76.5cc 2077 or 475 7700 can live another day. I just cant make myself pull a quad port one off for a 52mm singles.

Deglazed and fresh crosshatching. Cylinder was super nice under the grime. Still some grime left on it too.

Plus somebody had used a black sealer in the intake groove. Had to use a dang small wire wheel to get that mess out of there.

This cylinder was on air injection saw. But can be used on the older without AI. I did that on my last 83cc I had built earlier this year.

Has the boss for a decomp if someone was so inclined to drill and tap.

j2077cylext.jpgj2077cylint.jpgj2077cylc.jpgj2077cccc.jpgj2077ccc.jpgj2077cc.jpgj2077ccccc.jpgj2077cccccc.jpg

Some reason not available for my area. Must not meet our non regulations for limited coils.
09c8ad9c2d02c8330cae50ae83d341ec.jpg

So I don't get flamed again for no pics after the rebuild and repaint of my grandfathers 3700. Paint doesnt seem very tough, came off in a couple places fairly quick. Next can I think I'm gonna try a little less yellow. I did put a couple coats of clearcoat on it, however I will say it was cool out when I painted (like mid 60's at best).

Attachments

• 20200920_141525.jpg
    20200920_141525.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 20200920_141504.jpg
    20200920_141504.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 20200920_141447.jpg
    20200920_141447.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
So I don't get flamed again for no pics after the rebuild and repaint of my grandfathers 3700. Paint doesnt seem very tough, came off in a couple places fairly quick. Next can I think I'm gonna try a little less yellow. I did put a couple coats of clearcoat on it, however I will say it was cool out when I painted (like mid 60's at best).
Did you prime it with something that will stick to magnesium and aluminum? Also did you bake the paint any? I baked the paint on my 5200 before I applied clear coat.

As long as we are talking about the vega, I bought a brand new 70 camback lime green. First new auto i bought 2700.00 . Mine started to smoke about the same time as the recall came out. I took it to the dealer and 4 days later it had a new block and I ran the crap out of it. I really enjoyed that car. Finally sold it to buy a 1 ton van for camping and hauling firewood. I would take all the seats out and fill it as full as I could get.

Found this delivered when I got home from lake.

Maybe this one will be a parts saws and won’t easily made a runner. #6 chrome bore 54cc.

View attachment 857181
You'll have it running like the rest of the so call parts saws that get dropped off.

Latest posts

Back