Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you guys able to get me pics of a bar that would have came with a 5200? I'm awaiting a 5200 that is in pristine shape. Well, except for the piston and cylinder...
Anyway, its just gonna sit on a shelf in the shop and I'd like to fake a bar for it. Any help would be appreciated.

People change things on saws for whatever reasons. All 3 if my 380's had a 3 shoe clutch like they should. None of my 3450 type III ever did. Pretty sure my 380's also had the factory dual port muffler covers also.
Yeah that’s for sure. Reminds me of a 365 I had. Got it from a guy who said won’t start it’s junk. Was a clean saw too. Looked it over a few days later. He or someone else had mis matched the muffler so the neither the back (part bolted to the jug) or the cover had an exhaust port. Easy fix. Wish I still had that SP 380 to look at it.

The super 380 I have has the 3 shoe clutch.
I also have some TA 3750's that came with a 3 shoe clutch. I would have to get them all out and look at them again.
Also I thought the 330 came with the bigger carb like the 137.
I converted my 3500 over to the bigger carb a 137 and used a 330 for all the parts that I needed.

I am going to have to go to the garage and start looking at all my saws in this series so I can remember what is what.

As far as I know the 54cc versions (3450,330) came with 2 shoe clutch. The 60cc versions (3750, 3450-3, Super 380) came with 3 shoe clutch. The funny thing is the older ones came with HDA-137 carb and the newer ones, especially the 330 came with the newer HDA-164 however they both have the same part number on the IPL’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had the Poulan 475 out today.
I bought this saw which was suppose to be a runner on ebay back in 2012. The saw stopped running about 2 weeks after I got it and had only been run a couple of times. So I tore it down and found bad crank seals the crank bearing were rusted and had some small flat spots on them. The out side of the saw did not look to bad though. So I rebuilt it. Kevin supplied me with a new piston and rings and Tim found the very rare PTO side crank seal.

The tear down which I did in Jan 2013.
View attachment 878819

I finished up that saw I think in Feb 2013. I got it out today and ran it. Thing still has really good compression and I did not modify this saw except for the muff mod. I was cutting up some elm and what a strong running saw it is.

View attachment 878823
View attachment 878825View attachment 878829
Several years ago I rebilt my PP475' At that time I was having a problem finding a piston and Modified Mark and someone else suggested that a Stihl piston would work. Do you think I can remember which stinl piston I installed? I do know I did several measurements and the specs were identical. Jeremiah Johnson also provided some missing parts.

Several years ago I rebilt my PP475' At that time I was having a problem finding a piston and Modified Mark and someone else suggested that a Stihl piston would work. Do you think I can remember which stinl piston I installed? I do know I did several measurements and the specs were identical. Jeremiah Johnson also provided some missing parts.
Happy New Year Bob! It’s hell getting old, lol.

Looks like it was a Stihl 460, I just did a quick search on it.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/partner-chainsaw-thread.170206/post-3004175

Several years ago I rebilt my PP475' At that time I was having a problem finding a piston someone else suggested that a Stihl piston would work. Do you think I can remember which stinl piston I installed? I do know I did several measurements and the specs were identical. Jeremiah Johnson also provided some missing parts.
I have even used a BB372 piston as a drop in no workbefore . 064 work with wrist pin boss work.

Same as 066 in the 505 which I have done too. Need wrist pin boss work.

66 went in this one back in 2010 for fun and testing

p505066p.JPG

I put a different carb on it and it starts and runs good now. How do you adjust the metering lever, I think it got bent out of adjustment?
If you used a walbro hdb, the metering lever is set flush with the carb body. Use a straight edge on the carb. Adjust lever so it barely touches the straight edge.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you used a walbro hdb, the metering lever is set flush with the carb body. Use a straight edge on the carb. Adjust lever so it barely touches the straight edge.

Yes,it's the original carb that I replaced with another hdb. So you're saying that the lever should just touch the bottom of the straight edge?

Also reading back on some of my old post on my site. I have had 1 owner 3450 with a HDA137 carb before.
So seen those on 3450 3750 380 and 3 shoe clutch from time to time on those. Thinking the one 3450 54cc green tank had the 137 and 3 shoe and pulled 180psi stock.
Local logger bought it for run 22" on it for limbing saw.

p3450137.jpgp3450137b.jpg

Any of you guys able to get me pics of a bar that would have came with a 5200? I'm awaiting a 5200 that is in pristine shape. Well, except for the piston and cylinder...
Anyway, its just gonna sit on a shelf in the shop and I'd like to fake a bar for it. Any help would be appreciated.
Here is one example of an original bar Poulan used on the 5200. I'm sure there are probably other styles out there.They made the 5200 for a number or years, so probably several variations out there would be my guess. I can't say as to what years they were used. This one is a 30" bar, which I think I paid like $77 for back in 2012-13. They were made by Windsor & used the S-clip on the bar studs.

5200paint 029.jpg

Gregg,

Back