Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I had that front loader.

Moving 2 piles by hand. Fun fun, getting to old for this. But hey it is helping after winter to get my butt back into shape.

Thank goodness I got a good wife. She is right there shoveling too.
We are using alot of the better dirt for leveling she wants done. Rest is for my target area.

View attachment 897625
I just finished dozer blading, grading then dragging a neighbors yard to prep for seed. Did it with this little devil. Pulled a stump out too. I have it weighed pretty heavy with 80lb cast iron in the rear wheels and another 160lbs of cast iron suitcases hanging off the rear. It’s pretty impressive what it will move9E99332E-33D0-4AC9-81AE-37875755A6D6.jpeg593325D4-DC96-4B2A-9447-AAF2BA740B2F.jpegA1C9DCB9-2652-4554-A520-955B45C58E2E.jpeg714C4392-B534-4DA6-BBFE-C1D58D7F9919.jpeg

I just finished dozer blading, grading then dragging a neighbors yard to prep for seed. Did it with this little devil. Pulled a stump out too. I have it weighed pretty heavy with 80lb cast iron in the rear wheels and another 160lbs of cast iron suitcases hanging off the rear. It’s pretty impressive what it will moveView attachment 898164View attachment 898165View attachment 898166View attachment 898167
:oops::cool::cheers:

Were just finishing up the 1st pile at side of barn today all by hand just shoving into 17 cubic foot tralier. Wife got a lot of areas leveled she been wanting done for years.
Now to level that area and move onto pile 2. :barbecue::havingarest:

Working on a maroon 42cc clamshell for a local. Said been setting 2 years after he noticed fuel leak. Saw came in apart. Clammy not apart.
All I found was all his lines shrunk. Fill tank fuel come up into carb area floor.

Forgot pic. Wallyworld I seen sold these years back in Maroon. I have a leaf blower and trimmer in maroon that was give to me.

Yesterday 1 done 1 to go. Used Boss snowplow on truck to get up the foot packed to load more of it to get as low as we could.

dirt1down.jpg
pma.jpgpmar.jpg

I just finished dozer blading, grading then dragging a neighbors yard to prep for seed. Did it with this little devil. Pulled a stump out too. I have it weighed pretty heavy with 80lb cast iron in the rear wheels and another 160lbs of cast iron suitcases hanging off the rear. It’s pretty impressive what it will moveView attachment 898164View attachment 898165View attachment 898166View attachment 898167
They don’t make them like that anymore... that’s a pretty impressive little beast there. I had looked at the old SATO beavers that had front loaders. I would see them come for sale here and there for like $3000 and at our old place it would’ve been a perfect size.

Put my 3.7 to work today on a maple blowdown. 2nd saw I ever “worked” on. I’ve had hundreds of saws come and go this one has continued to earn its spot.View attachment 898294

Hey Joe is that a 5200 muffler mod that I see on there. That will give it some get up and go.

Working on a maroon 42cc clamshell for a local. Said been setting 2 years after he noticed fuel leak. Saw came in apart. Clammy not apart.
All I found was all his lines shrunk. Fill tank fuel come up into carb area floor.

Forgot pic. Wallyworld I seen sold these years back in Maroon. I have a leaf blower and trimmer in maroon that was give to me.

Yesterday 1 done 1 to go. Used Boss snowplow on truck to get up the foot packed to load more of it to get as low as we could.

View attachment 898359
View attachment 898368View attachment 898369

I have one just like that laying around somewhere.

They don’t make them like that anymore... that’s a pretty impressive little beast there. I had looked at the old SATO beavers that had front loaders. I would see them come for sale here and there for like $3000 and at our old place it would’ve been a perfect size.
It’s 12hp, but with a 2 speed rear with deep gears it pulls unbelievable. They did make loaders for them too. Ark, quick way and Johnson all made nice loaders.

I have one just like that laying around somewhere.
I checked the date on it 2009.

For that many years of use, before troubles and the cost of them it dont owe owner anything IMO. He loves the little guy.

Different saw =
Still leery of aftermarket decomps. Almost got this guys saw.

adecomp.jpg

I checked the date on it 2009.

For that many years of use, before troubles and the cost of them it dont owe owner anything IMO. He loves the little guy.

Different saw =
Still leery of aftermarket decomps. Almost got this guys saw.

View attachment 898760

I got mine back in January. Have only ran it a couple times but really feel I should get an OEM decomp for it.

Has a 4000 intake on it too. And it’s a 3700 3.7, not the thick rings 3800. Like I’ve said before I couldn’t tell a difference between this saw and my 4000. The 3.7 has 150 psi and so did my 4000.

That’s good compression for a 3700. Wow! I’d love a better intake for mine plus that muff mod.
The 4000 muffler flows well and is easy to make. Cut a couple slots on the side of the muffler then heat and open up with a screwdriver. I used to drill out the diffuser holes to 3/8” and lose the spark arrestor. I’ve also notched the 3400/3800 a/c covers in a 3700 style.

Latest posts

Back