Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a nuff mod similar to that already. May open it up a little more at some point but the saw runs well already.

Different way someone did a redneck repair behind tensioner on 3500. Dang if 380 not slightly craacked there too.
3 shoe clutch .
Pto side for someone asking.
That used 60cc p+c that came back in parts stash. SOLD just now.

Guess I better pull the other 380 top. I can see some scuffing on that piston.

p3500rn.jpgp3500rnn.jpgp380crack.jpgp3803500.jpgp3803shoe.jpgp380600.jpgp38060.jpgp380c.jpg

Just ordered a new oil pump and pickup for my 4620. Saw is nearly new but was not pumping much oil so I pulled the pump and pickup out but saw no issues so I’m going to have to figure the pump was faulty. Maybe this is why the saw had nearly zero hours on it.

Can’t wait to get it up and ripping again. Was a strong runner but wasn’t oiling.

Just ordered a new oil pump and pickup for my 4620. Saw is nearly new but was not pumping much oil so I pulled the pump and pickup out but saw no issues so I’m going to have to figure the pump was faulty. Maybe this is why the saw had nearly zero hours on it.

Can’t wait to get it up and ripping again. Was a strong runner but wasn’t oiling.

Is the line from the pump to the tank one piece or two?

One, I think. Molded pickup that goes into a rectangular rubber piece that seals the tank off.
The older ones were two piece and would swell and cause air leaks. If you have the one piece where there is a hole in the rubber block that slips over the pump shaft then it likely is the the pump. The older ones were two piece that were split where the pump shaft was.

Tore into the Pp380 that was in the new stash.

Can see a torn intake boot took it out. Still even had the plastic epa stops on carb.

I'm just going to part it out I think. Looks like crank area had moisture from weather changes setting over time.

Cylinder will clean up easdy. Piston I could fix and use myself.

p380p3500.jpgp380xx.jpgp380x.jpgp380xxx.jpgp380car.jpgp380carb.jpgp380pull.jpg

Tore into the Pp380 that was in the new stash.

Can see a torn intake boot took it out. Still even had the plastic epa stops on carb.

I'm just going to part it out I think. Looks like crank area had moisture from weather changes setting over time.

Cylinder will clean up easdy. Piston I could fix and use myself.

View attachment 900731View attachment 900732View attachment 900733View attachment 900734View attachment 900735View attachment 900736View attachment 900737
Is that the recoil pulley that fits a 3750? And, if so, will you be selling it?

Hi Fellas, I was told to chime in here. I am building 2 Craftsman (Roper and Poulan 3700) 3.7 saws. My Poulan Craftsman 3.7 carb just pooped out. I love the cc's and power this thing has. The Walbro (HDB) circuit plate with the fuel stop pivoting forks snapped in half dumping endless fuel into the cylinder. Ugh. I have been keeping an eye on FleaBay and other old chainsaw (Chainswr) sites, with no luck. Would anyone be able to help me with a rebuildable Walbro 8c or a parts carb with the circuit plate/screws?

Thanks all!

Hi Fellas, I was told to chime in here. I am building 2 Craftsman (Roper and Poulan 3700) 3.7 saws. My Poulan Craftsman 3.7 carb just pooped out. I love the cc's and power this thing has. The Walbro (HDB) circuit plate with the fuel stop pivoting forks snapped in half dumping endless fuel into the cylinder. Ugh. I have been keeping an eye on FleaBay and other old chainsaw (Chainswr) sites, with no luck. Would anyone be able to help me with a rebuildable Walbro 8c or a parts carb with the circuit plate/screws?

Thanks all!
I have what u need. PM me address and I'll mail it out.

Few more folks asking for more parts. So will just show them here to a couple folks too.

newer, shallow, deep pulleys. 3 60cc pistons but all have scuffing. I know the one out of 380 I could use myself with some cleaning a new ring.

PP330 clutch cover does have new band. But for guy up north. Shipping will be more then cover. Just so you know.

NOS filters and used still. NOS intake boots and used.

Have few 415 425 445 505 cylinders etc

Yes on the 32mm stroke cranks for the mag cased ones I like.

If I missed request just ask and I'll take more pics if still have parts.

ppartszz.jpgppnos.jpgppartssz.jpgppartszzz.jpgpparts44.jpgppartsuse.jpgppartscov.jpgppartszzzz.jpgppartscovber.jpg

So not that I needed it but the price was too good to pass it up so I now have a really nice Poulan 245A! It's too late to start it now but it has a ton of compression and great spark so it'll need the usual fuel lines and carb rebuild. I have plenty of bars for it but the banana bar looks cool.

Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji879]

So not that I needed it but the price was too good to pass it up so I now have a really nice Poulan 245A! It's too late to start it now but it has a ton of compression and great spark so it'll need the usual fuel lines and carb rebuild. I have plenty of bars for it but the banana bar looks cool.

Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji879]
Pics?

Back