Noob advice for 028 AV S rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That OEM hose is not optimum as it generally doesn't hit the bottom of the tank or reach the sides when the saw is turned on either side. Stihl upgraded it to the "S" shape quite a while ago. That is why I am thinking that one of the newer OEM "S" shaped hoses may be a better upgrade. You need to find one with a tank that is about as tall as the one on the 028. I am thinking that the OEM 026/MS260 is probably too short. Might try the 029/MS290 or the 036/MS360. Is there clearance on your 028 tank to get a 15/32" drill bit in to enlarge the hole in the tank AND not get in the way of the carb or linkage?

I've had my 028S since 1986 and there ain't much gas left in tank when it cuts out, and does not cut out at all when felling and saw is on left or right side. I have no beef with the OEM hose, 1118 358 7700

Have officially got a runner. The fuel problem was a bad fuel line. The shop that supplied much of the OH materials sent a replacement fuel line that was too long.
Any update on how things turned out after some time with the saw?

I'll bet the oiler was not working , and now the saw sits on a shelf . or at the bottom of a lake , lol
It appears OP hasn’t logged in for a year. I have an old 028wb so was interested to hear his experience with the P&c he got.

Back