Noob question..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry about it. At least the guys who say "buy a new bar instead" didn't chime in. Why save 44 bucks when you can spend $65 on a new bar. o_O

Pein your rivets good and then grind them flush. Too easy!

Don't worry about it. At least the guys who say "buy a new bar instead" didn't chime in. Why save 44 bucks when you can spend $65 on a new bar.
Didn't give me time to chime in! Just found this thread. ;) What I'm curious about is can you really use a 0.375" tip with a 0.325" pitch chain as indicated in post #2?

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I was under the impression the OP couldn't locate a 0.325 and wondered if he could use a 0.375 instead.

Nah I use 3/8's on everything and have a bar with a .325 tip and want to change it out to match my chains and sprockets..

It's something to keep in mind when you're out and about. I always look for tools when I'm hanging with the Mrs. cruising yard sales. If I were to come across a bar that was the right gauge, but wrong sprocket, I'd still go for it for the right price.

All my Craftsman torx screw drivers t10-35 came from a yard sale for $.25 each. :)

It's something to keep in mind when you're out and about. I always look for tools when I'm hanging with the Mrs. cruising yard sales. If I were to come across a bar that was the right gauge, but wrong sprocket, I'd still go for it for the right price.

All my Craftsman torx screw drivers t10-35 came from a yard sale for $.25 each. :)

The only tool I'm looking for is a socket or wrench for my 125c con rod bolts..

I wasn't looking for anything when I found those. I had 1/4 and 1/2" drive torx bits, but no screw drivers. $1.50 was too hard to resist. Got some nice Philips and flatheads too. :laugh:

I've bought grocery bags full of Channel lock brand pliers for $40. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Back