Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thanks for the summary 2dogs; appreciated the guidance and wealth of knowledge of all attending. Had a great time as usual; Tyler certainly had the line up of trees for us. Big thanks to the park crew for feeding us and furnishing all the amenities; including Jake's burgers from Napalachia. Enjoyed all of it; good to have some down time to recharge, looking forward to next year.

I had the best vacation in years, I lack the words to express my gratitude to those who hauled my skinny ass to and from.
Kevin, you are a man amongst men, Nate and Bro Trevor put up with me for nearly 4 days. LOL.
it was good to get out and I am better for it. It is a wonderful place, I could move into that old house and become a living exhibit.
GTGs attract some of the finest people on Earth, this was no exception, it is my sincere hope to see you all next time.

IMG_0931.JPG I thought a gloom picture of the mill was in order...
Sandy will be very missed! She sure appreciated you all doing so much for the park! Fpg was really bruce and aarons brain-child but our gtg would certainly not have been possible without sandy. I know i wouldnt be here if it wasnt for her. This park has been hugely changed for the better because of her. She has left her mark on bothe and the bale mill. I really miss her! Those of you near and able to attend should come to the mill on dec 9 around 12. A potluck gathering and a short hike to one of her favorite redwood groves at bothe.
Thanks again everyone for coming to the gtg. I believe we will be officially operating rls (mount saint helena), Sandy's old place, by next years gtg. Ive been working up there this week in preparation for a new water tank install. The redwood tank burned last oct. there is a ton of tree work to be done, hope y'all enjoyed the layed back gtg, next year we are putting your butts to work!

I finally fell that fir down the hill form campsite 49. You remember the tree? There was actually a whole bunch of good wood left in it. It took 8 wedges to put it were we initially wanted it (toward creek). Didnt knock over many trees on the way down either. Fun fall! Wish you all could have seen it/helped me with it. Honestly, it took an hour with prep and rigging. My Face cut was a little off, a lot of pounding wedges and doubling up wedges after that. And, as usual, an audience to make me nervous.

I finally fell that fir down the hill form campsite 49. You remember the tree? There was actually a whole bunch of good wood left in it. It took 8 wedges to put it were we initially wanted it (toward creek). Didnt knock over many trees on the way down either. Fun fall! Wish you all could have seen it/helped me with it. Honestly, it took an hour with prep and rigging. My Face cut was a little off, a lot of pounding wedges and doubling up wedges after that. And, as usual, an audience to make me nervous.

Bob, Bill, the rest of you nerds -- y'all know damn well that Sandy's vision for the parks is very much in alignment with each of ours, and that Tyler will weaponize the lot of us to make sure that it happens. High five and I'll see you at the next party. We still have work to do.

Ill take pic later today. The wood at base was completely solid.
IMG_0435.JPG Heresthe stump of the fir down hill side of our campground. maybe not completely solid but enough holding wood to safe fall. Obviously not the "stump shot" , i cut that off soon after the fall as too not reveal my lucky magic.

Weaponize.
Bob, Bill, the rest of you nerds -- y'all know damn well that Sandy's vision for the parks is very much in alignment with each of ours, and that Tyler will weaponize the lot of us to make sure that it happens. High five and I'll see you at the next party. We still have work to do.

Sandy wanted this park to be the best that it can be; fun and safe, we help with both every November.

Latest posts

Back