Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Officially 307 mi, 5 hours 40 mins, need to add about 45 minutes to an hour for the real world.

i hope you make it, your one of the guys i'd like to meet face to face :rock:

aaron, this is the first i have heard about it since trucken' though the poison oak how about you?

Last edited:
i hope you make it, your one of the guys i'd like to meet face to face :rock:

aaron, this is the first i have heard about it since trucken' though the poison oak how about you?

Bruce and I have emailed back and forth about it a few times. We also talked about it that one day about a month ago when we did some cutting (a few weeks after you and I went up).

Pistols or knives?

Dave's a youngster, but Randy could take him with his bare hands (well and his boots).:D

Which mfg? The one I have is Winchester stamped. We'll have much to talk about around the campfire methinks. Hopefully Dave will resist the urges to say something that gets him thrown into that campfire......:hmm3grin2orange:

LOL

as long as the old farts stay on there meds i think we'll be ok :hmm3grin2orange:

do you mean the 775d?
i found a jug for it, now i need some green stuff i also have an ar 15 that needs the upper good way to piss a way $500

Last edited:
WOW, this sounds like fun. I want to attend one of these so bad but the timing is no good for me. I am having my left knee replaced Oct. 23rd.
Hopefully, this will be a huge success and will turn into an yearly event. Good luck boys!!!!

WOW, this sounds like fun. I want to attend one of these so bad but the timing is no good for me. I am having my left knee replaced Oct. 23rd.
Hopefully, this will be a huge success and will turn into an yearly event. Good luck boys!!!!

If drivin is the issue(?), you might be able to hook a ride with someone else. If someone is coming from your neck of the woods with a motor home, it might be right up your re-coup ally? We can push you around in a chair for much of the pic-nic area and we have accessible rest-rooms, pic-nic tables and even camp sites :)

We're hoping it goes well and we can repeat - make it an annual event - that's the initial plan anyway. But, you never know how things will turn out?

Our new park maintenance person - Rob Grassi - is a real honest to goodness mill-wright from the east coast who has helped restore some water powered and steam powered saw mills so he's very intrigued by all of this. His role at the park is to help get the Bale Grist Mill further along and take care of general maintenance in Bothe. Bale Grist Mill is right next door.

I'll see if we can get him to join AS... He'll be a real help in making the actual event work out.

Last edited:
I'm interested. I just do firewood for my own use, but I know how to BBQ. Pot luck or do group meals? What costs might be involved??

thats a good question, i'm planning on bring my gas grill it may workout to be a pot luck something or other.
i'm thinking on doin' homemade pasta.

i bet if we work it right everyone can be under $40 drinks food and etc

Last edited:
Back