Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie...I won't be able to do any actual work but if you need another set of eyes or some ideas I'd be glad to help any way I can.
Thanks, Bob. At this point I don't even know what needs we have and I'm not looking for manual helpers, but I'm certainly open to educational assistance regarding how best to deal with the, as yet unknown, new environment and what to do going forward.
I look forward to seeing folks in a month or so. With luck, things will have settled down by then - maybe even get some rain.

unfortunately rls got it. ranger sandy's house and surrounding structures have burned. she evacuated on Monday. everyone is ok. calfire and state parks cut dozer line around the houses but the fuel was too much. Charlie, im here to help with the clean up when this is all over. I have to say I am experiencing a bit of guilt looking at the forest here at bothe and the mill; we got lucky. stay safe ya'll

Thanks for the update. How is Sandy doing? Does she need anything? How can we help?

Thanks, Patty. It will likely be days more before we're allowed back up the hill. I am anxious to see how and where the burn proceeded. I'm looking forward to the GTG at Bothe to pick the brains of some of the attendees as to how best to attempt to manage the forest to keep the fuel load from getting so large, at least in the 20 acres or so near the house. Our best information is that the last fire to burn through here was in 1906 or thereabouts.

Charlie, do you need anything? Can we help in any way?

Stay safe up there.

Charlie, do you need anything? Can we help in any way?

Stay safe up there.
Thanks, but so far all things are OK. We're still comfortable at home, no evac needed (yet). Reports we've heard about the Preserve say the major buildings made it through the fire and nature will tend to the rest. For anyone who is curious about the Preserve to which I refer, plug these coordinates into Google Maps: 38.352284, -122.423844

Good to hear that your OK Charlie. I remember you gave me those coordinates last year for the madrone firewood; sure looks close to the Partrick fire. Jeremy

Good to hear that your OK Charlie. I remember you gave me those coordinates last year for the madrone firewood; sure looks close to the Partrick fire. Jeremy
Yes, it's close to the Partrick fire. The various west Napa fires are merging, but I believe it's the Nuns fire that went through the Preserve. I'm champing at the bit to get up there and see what the new reality is.

Back