Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea bob, i got it stickered now. Should i leave it outside? I have it in the woodshop now with heater on at 60 to dry the rain water. Its pretty green, im new at this. Slow dry? Quick dry? Certainly dont want it checkin.

The first three were practice. Probably a table or bench. The next slab will be an inside bar for jess here at the house, 2 side by side slabs to make 24-30 inch wide, as long as i got, maybe 8'. I really like the live edge! Im having a blast doing it! Ill read up bob. Thanks lightj! Nate, definitely next year!
If i stick with this milling stuff ill have a lot more equipment next year. And ill be stock piling timber for the next 12 months in preparation for the gtg in 2018. I ve heard its best to mill green wood, is thatfor wear on saw and chain or another reason? Ill be researching/pickin yalls brain for a bit.

Ps the poison oak is just about all healed up, yay!

Turns out I have a couple of spots of poison-oak but they're no biggie. Both on forearms between glove and t-shirt, no surprise at all.

Green wood is both softer and (surprise!) wetter, and so cuts easier and produces larger dust particles, while reducing work on the engine as well as impact on the cutting edges of the chain. Milling dry wood is definitely do-able but is just harder all around.

@tylerbeach3 send me your address, you’ll be ready for next year [emoji106][emoji106]
fe23b0fb94d7f3f43a8d11aaa64a7e66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soaproot has been a huge thing for me, pretty much immediately reverses the poison oak.. Best thing ive found. It grows abundantly in my hippy area near rivers/streams/your moms house. You pull it out, scrape the meat off the artichoke type leaves in the bulb, put it on the poison oak and let it dry, the longer you leave it on the better. Dries to a slightly tight but not sticky feeling. Im sure theres more uses for it.

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 13
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Soaproot.jpg
    Soaproot.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 12
  • soaproot-classic-rosette-form-in-oak-leaves1.jpg
    soaproot-classic-rosette-form-in-oak-leaves1.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 11
Pretty serious till I used the soaproot. Doesnt look as bad as yours on the other page. First time on my face... ugh

I spaced out and totally missed the gtg :dumb:

Attachments

• photo_2017-12-01_13-54-24.jpg
    photo_2017-12-01_13-54-24.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 6
Went to a party tonight and ended up burning a bunch of brush. Wood chips in my veins haha Im sad I missed it... Could have learned a lot from the members on here

Latest posts

Back