Northeastern state Blizzard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was decent out. I finished most of it, but still need to make a path out back for the propane guy.

We have some rain on the way to freeze things up solid.

This is the fire wood, heating and wood burning forum, what are you worried about the propane guy for?:msp_razz:

24"+ Saturday noon...

Down to 16" by late afternoon today.

Supposed to just get to 32º tonight and back up to 40º tomorrow we'll see if it can keep up that pace.

Was able to finally break on through to the road today -- car will still have to be parked by the garden till I can widen the rest of the driveway a bit more. So we can declare this event under control here :)

Was able to finally break on through to the road today -- car will still have to be parked by the garden till I can widen the rest of the driveway a bit more. So we can declare this event under control here :)

Ha, adventure! I used to love getting snowed in! Last time was 93...big fun!

This was a good one by storm standards. I was out in the thick of it plowing driveways in a bobcat starting friday night 9:30 -12:30 on Saturday afternoon down in Duxbury. What a mess the storm made. I didn't realize the extent of the damage till daybreak on Saturday. The worst of it I think came between the hours of 2-5 am Sat. morning. Duxbury and surrounding towns got a lot of tree damage. Mostly conifers took the brunt of it. Almost all the trees I saw damaged were uprooted, a few breaks. Snowfall totals around 18-24 down this way. I couldn't plow fast enough to keep up with it coming down. Think I may be all set plowing after this year.

Peter, love the pics of the great danes!!

We got 12-14" here in orange county, no major issues,roads were really bad for a few hrs,I was suprised to still see people ignoring the state of emergency order..I plowed my accounts without incident,going to have to bring in the skid steer soon and move back some piles if we dont get some melting soon,Im running out of room in a few places. My son plowed my driveway with my backup truck,and the Ventrac 4231..that ventrac pushes snow like a clydsedale...unbeleiveable for its size...snow rolling up over the hood,and it just kept going..

Love he Ventracs. Articulated in two directions, all the wheels on the ground pushing all the time. We have 2 at work and plow miles of sidewalk with them. Center hinged plow,v,scoop or angled. Spreader on the back to salt as we plow. Also have snow blowers for them that we haven't had to use yet and sweepers that we use often. We have a trencher attachment that we use alot too. Oh yea and an aerator.

[video=youtube;k6vdzzhyL8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6vdzzhyL8U[/video]

We ended up close to 30" here. Yesterday was a good day to finish cleaning up.

IMG_1248_zps992ff68b.jpg

Peter, when did you get the new tractor? Congrats ...... very nice !

Peter, when did you get the new tractor? Congrats ...... very nice !

Thanks, I just got it about 3 weeks ago. Not even 10 hours on it yet. Sold the B7610 on craigslist. I considered everything from a B3000 up through the Grand L's, and ended up settling on the L3200. I'm really happy with it so far and enjoy the extra power and size. It has some features my B didn't like position control, SSQA bucket, 3 speed hydro and most importantly a cup holder :msp_biggrin: I also added rear remote, toothbar, larger bush hog and rear blade, wheel spacers for extra stability on hills (and to have room to run chains) & the telescoping stabilizers.

Latest posts

Back