• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Northern Michigan tree identification

Aaron Rybicki

Aaron Rybicki

ArboristSite Operative
Right now, I'm pretty amateur at identifying different types of trees and as it is Early Spring here in Northern Michigan, it is hard to identify tree types by their leaves, because there are none.. So I resort to identifying trees by their bark. From what I've seen - to me, this looks like some sort of Ash tree. I could be completely wrong. Can anyone confirm or differ this?

Thanks,

Aaron

Attachments

95custmz

95custmz

ArboristSite Guru
Right now, I'm pretty amateur at identifying different types of trees and as it is Early Spring here in Northern Michigan, it is hard to identify tree types by their leaves, because there are none.. So I resort to identifying trees by their bark. From what I've seen - to me, this looks like some sort of Ash tree. I could be completely wrong. Can anyone confirm or differ this?

Thanks,

Aaron
If I had to guess, I’d say Mulberry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NIP Group
Saiso

Saiso

Mountain Ranger
We don’t have Hackberry or Mulberry here so my guess would have been Ash as well. Another way to identify trees is by the twig. The terminal bud is a great tool (color, size and even placement on the twig)

Good luck!

Streblerm

Streblerm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Not enough info to make a guess. Tree shape, branch structure, and as mentioned earlier terminal bud pics would be helpful.

Bark alone, especially one picture, is really an unreliable way to ID most trees since the same tree can have drastically different bark depending on position and age.

From the info available I could get onboard with hackberry.