Northstar splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barkies

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
has anyone used the new northstar splitters from northern tool co??

They have a vertical/ horizontal model with a 9 horse honda and 16 gpm pump
for arond 2 grand.

anyone used one yet

do a search... there's several splitter threads going..

good feedback on northern tool splitters

It was $100 off when I got it. Novemberish, I think. I do not remember where it was shipped from but I`m in Pennsylvania ....could be I`m closer to the point of origin. The shipping I paid was a little more than $230. With the 4 way wedge at $69 lets see

$1799
------
$1699 splitter
+ 69 4 way
+ 240 shipping
------
$2004 total

I guess it was a more than I remembered. I pitched the receipt right away and told the wife I`m just holding it for a friend.

Sorry for any confusion

Glenn

ok.. thanks

that explains it. I didn't get the $100 off deal and shipping was $380 to me. almost choked on shipping charges. didn't figure in extra $69 four way.

I got TSC to match no tax day at Atwoods. drove 45 miles to TSC and picked up 35ton huskee for $1,489 net.

main drawback is lack of fourway. I can install a four way but need to cut off log guard. if I do any mods, will void warranty. sure be nice to double speed!

northern tool is currently offering free shipping on orders over $150.

shoulda waited. :biggrinbounce2:

northern tool is currently offering free shipping on orders over $150.

shoulda waited. :biggrinbounce2:

Don`t get to excited jst yet. Thats for UPS shipping not truck frieght. Splitters have to go via truck frieght.

ok.. thanks

that explains it. I didn't get the $100 off deal and shipping was $380 to me. almost choked on shipping charges. didn't figure in extra $69 four way.

I got TSC to match no tax day at Atwoods. drove 45 miles to TSC and picked up 35ton huskee for $1,489 net.

main drawback is lack of fourway. I can install a four way but need to cut off log guard. if I do any mods, will void warranty. sure be nice to double speed!

I agree a 4 way would be great. The other thing I noticed on my little 22 ton is the wedge hight is a bit short. I mean when doing rounds on the ground I have to turn the wood more than a couple of times.

If you find or figure out a way to install a 4 way on the Huskee, let me know if you would. I am not worried about the warranty, I figure it will last me the rest of my life.

Shipper

Thanks for the feedback and the pic.

Hey glenng

Just wondering when the cylinder is fully extended is there a gap between the wege and the backing plate. it says 24" cylinder and handles wood 25" long. I split a lot of trashy hickory and need it to cut it into so I don't have to pick out all those hung together peices

there's several ways to add four way splitting. all void warranty

need to grind off log stripper to allow enough room for four way.

two wings can be machined, then welded on. wings need to be 9in min. you can buy a bolt on four way. additional thickness will reduced stroke by aprox. 3 inches

I agree a 4 way would be great. The other thing I noticed on my little 22 ton is the wedge hight is a bit short. I mean when doing rounds on the ground I have to turn the wood more than a couple of times.

If you find or figure out a way to install a 4 way on the Huskee, let me know if you would. I am not worried about the warranty, I figure it will last me the rest of my life.

Shipper

Back