Not another 346XP!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This "second" difference meant nothing on a worksaw. A ported 346 will hold a lot of rpm in the cut, but when you use it for falling or limbing, the torque is really important too. And differences can be great between 2 ported 346.

No Brad, not to that level, but how much time and money do you have wrapped up in that thing? What would it cost to have one built? What do you think the longevity of it will be? Is it useful for more than cutting cookies? I'm just looking at the practicality of it, the usefulness vs. the cost factor.
And no, I'm not wrong, I've done both, run both and I still have the 350, but I like my 5100 better than either of them anymore.

No Brad, not to that level, but how much time and money do you have wrapped up in that thing? What would it cost to have one built? What do you think the longevity of it will be? Is it useful for more than cutting cookies? I'm just looking at the practicality of it, the usefulness vs. the cost factor.
And no, I'm not wrong, I've done both, run both and I still have the 350, but I like my 5100 better than either of them anymore.
No more time and money than any other ported saw, except the extra $100-$125 for the 357 parts. Like has been made clear here, it's not required for building a super strong 346.

As far as reliability goes, I have these saws out there, built just like this one, being used daily in a professional environment for several years now. Don't underestimate these 346s. Sounds like you just haven't yet run a good one yet, lol :)

Back