Not sure what is about to happen here....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tkskbda0mon21.jpg

I do those jobs often, but some how have done them safe. Using ladders is not all bad, but your set up is pretty ridiculous. How would I know after almost sixty years of play with trees. Made enough mistakes to write many books. Your particular tree looks like an easy peasy climbing job with a helper or groundie. If you are not familiar with climbing then go to a rope saw. I use a sling shot for up to 70' then bring out the cross bow which is good for 150'. A tag line near the end of the branches then a rope saw near the crotch then move to the next. Taking as much time as needed to be able to sit down for a nice dinner that night. It just takes a minute to say oops. Thanks

I do those jobs often, but some how have done them safe. Using ladders is not all bad, but your set up is pretty ridiculous. How would I know after almost sixty years of play with trees. Made enough mistakes to write many books. Your particular tree looks like an easy peasy climbing job with a helper or groundie. If you are not familiar with climbing then go to a rope saw. I use a sling shot for up to 70' then bring out the cross bow which is good for 150'. A tag line near the end of the branches then a rope saw near the crotch then move to the next. Taking as much time as needed to be able to sit down for a nice dinner that night. It just takes a minute to say oops. Thanks
Not my tree. I drove by a house and saw this. I would just bring my bucket truck home and cut limbs off if it were mine.

He could’ve at least tied the ladders in once he was up there! I hate ladders but the occasion of using them I always clip a flip line or rope at least around the tree then I will clip in to ladder as well if tree is too small for a Blake’s on a collar- (trees to small/weak to climb only time I use em)

Looks like something that should be in the mr.Mustache work thread.

Latest posts

Back