Nothing But Respect For You Guys....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could sell the trees standing, let the buyer cut them, get all your money
up front, and be there for the last couple, don’t allow them to be cut until
any mess the buyer makes is cleaned up first, have them sign to this effect,
and a disclaimer regarding any injury or damage while on your property.
Fat chance anyone in their right mind is going to pay for standing dead timber in the US, especially if its an Ash in any area near where the EAB has been active...

Actually, pretty long shot to get anyone here to pay for any standing dead tree, and then have them cut and clean up for the pleasure of it.

Just too much easy stuff thats free to even mess with it.

Fat chance anyone in their right mind is going to pay for standing dead timber in the US, especially if its an Ash in any area near where the EAB has been active...

Actually, pretty long shot to get anyone here to pay for any standing dead tree, and then have them cut and clean up for the pleasure of it.

Just too much easy stuff thats free to even mess with it.
Buying standing trees here is the best way to get firewood, we place wanted adds to get them,
otherwise the trees would rot or fall down and rot before they would offer them to you.

Buying standing trees here is the best way to get firewood, we place wanted adds to get them,
otherwise the trees would rot or fall down and rot before they would offer them to you.
Seems like a lot of trees in Ireland weren't exactly huge, (not withstanding Kenmare) and not very many trees to begin with, So reason stands there wouldn't be much in the way of "tree service" type folks. Though I do know of a few folks that make their living logging in Ireland, but its mostly commercial planted forests. up around Sligo/Gallway etc

Seems like a lot of trees in Ireland weren't exactly huge, (not withstanding Kenmare) and not very many trees to begin with, So reason stands there wouldn't be much in the way of "tree service" type folks. Though I do know of a few folks that make their living logging in Ireland, but its mostly commercial planted forests. up around Sligo/Gallway etc
The past 40 years has had a big impact on the tree Population here,
its a small country, every farm was full of trees in my Father’s day,
people his age talk of the never ending task of cutting down huge oak
larch and what ever else, to make room for farming, old sheds were full
of two man saws, circular saws, old axes and anything else required to
deal with tree cutting, my generation threw this to the scrap men,
the whole face of farming changed, but the trees are gone, yes, there are still some,
forestry is another matter, it is being sold off on the quiet, I know a man who bought
a huge chunk after the trees were removed, it was never advertised, brown envelopes
no doubt changed hands, it’s happening all over the country, the future generations will be left with nothing,
it will all be in the hands of those who don’t deserve it, sold off like every other resource in Ireland was,
we have nothing left now, but the sheeple are happy enough to turn a blind eye, the rest can be paid to see nothing or say nothing, sad times, end times.

What part of the world are you in? The Emerald Ash Borer has decimated all the Ash trees in Ontario. For a guy that only cuts four trees a year you certainly have a lot of saws.
Im in Southern Ohio and the EAB has decimated Ash trees here. As for why I have so many saws, I like saws. I sometimes cut more than 4 trees and sometimes less. The saws are a hobby.

The past 40 years has had a big impact on the tree Population here,
its a small country, every farm was full of trees in my Father’s day,
people his age talk of the never ending task of cutting down huge oak
larch and what ever else, to make room for farming, old sheds were full
of two man saws, circular saws, old axes and anything else required to
deal with tree cutting, my generation threw this to the scrap men,
the whole face of farming changed, but the trees are gone, yes, there are still some,
forestry is another matter, it is being sold off on the quiet, I know a man who bought
a huge chunk after the trees were removed, it was never advertised, brown envelopes
no doubt changed hands, it’s happening all over the country, the future generations will be left with nothing,
it will all be in the hands of those who don’t deserve it, sold off like every other resource in Ireland was,
we have nothing left now, but the sheeple are happy enough to turn a blind eye, the rest can be paid to see nothing or say nothing, sad times, end times.
from what I've seen over there, the forested acreage isn't really good for anything else, much like here, so it was planted with spruce and doug fir.

From what history has taught me, O. Cromwell (the prick) cut down nearly every tree in Ireland to build the English fleet (cause the Spaniards etc) then during the Famines the formerly forested acreage was over grazed by actual sheep, and what didn't wash away, blew away, leaving connacht pretty much as you know it now, a big ******* rock with scattered lakes and a few sheep.

The land may be being sold off, if it is then I would assume its to a forestry related company, who will likely take better care of it then the farmers do now, if its not and its going to those that as you say don't deserve it, then I suggest you start not deserving it your own self, they ain't making any more of it. After all, I'm pretty sure most land in Ireland is privately owned, there isn't really a lot of government owned working forests like there are here, if the gov does own it in Ire. then its generally a park or preserve and not to be touched etc.

Also the term "sheeple" at least over here, is often used by folks that think they are well informed, but really just watch too many conspiracy theory YouTube videos... which I think is ACTUALLY ironic, don't ya think?

from what I've seen over there, the forested acreage isn't really good for anything else, much like here, so it was planted with spruce and doug fir.

From what history has taught me, O. Cromwell (the prick) cut down nearly every tree in Ireland to build the English fleet (cause the Spaniards etc) then during the Famines the formerly forested acreage was over grazed by actual sheep, and what didn't wash away, blew away, leaving connacht pretty much as you know it now, a big ******* rock with scattered lakes and a few sheep.

The land may be being sold off, if it is then I would assume its to a forestry related company, who will likely take better care of it then the farmers do now, if its not and its going to those that as you say don't deserve it, then I suggest you start not deserving it your own self, they ain't making any more of it. After all, I'm pretty sure most land in Ireland is privately owned, there isn't really a lot of government owned working forests like there are here, if the gov does own it in Ire. then its generally a park or preserve and not to be touched etc.

Also the term "sheeple" at least over here, is often used by folks that think they are well informed, but really just watch too many conspiracy theory YouTube videos... which I think is ACTUALLY ironic, don't ya think?
Can you not read, our land and anyone I know who owned land in my fathers time, had abundant trees,
they were not cut down to make boats.
Coilte, a company the government put in charge of the government owned forests,
is selling that land, not advertising it, the forest beside me is a disgrace, trees on top of
trees, never thinned, then they cut some, let them lay in the Forrest until they were almost rotted.
Wind falls the same, they wouldn’t give them to you, rather let them rot and go to waste.

And sheeple here refers to people who just follow blindly, nothing to do with conspiracy
where ever you got that idea, then you mention people who are informed, pity you arent
before you talk.

Can you not read, our land and anyone I know who owned land in my fathers time, had abundant trees,
they were not cut down to make boats.
Coilte, a company the government put in charge of the government owned forests,
is selling that land, not advertising it, the forest beside me is a disgrace, trees on top of
trees, never thinned, then they cut some, let them lay in the Forrest until they were almost rotted.
Wind falls the same, they wouldn’t give them to you, rather let them rot and go to waste.

And sheeple here refers to people who just follow blindly, nothing to do with conspiracy
where ever you got that idea, then you mention people who are informed, pity you arent
before you talk.
well, golly guess everything I thought I knew about Ireland is false then. So Cromwell didn't destroy Ireland circa 1659? or was that just a conspiracy theory pushed by the IRA?

guess all them fir cones I picked in high school were sent to china and not Europe to reforest.

well, golly guess everything I thought I knew about Ireland is false then. So Cromwell didn't destroy Ireland circa 1659? or was that just a conspiracy theory pushed by the IRA?

guess all them fir cones I picked in high school were sent to china and not Europe to reforest.
Cromwell is known for many things, deforestation isn’t one of them.
I did hear the quote, to hell or to Connacht, though,
not so much grab you 880 were going to work boys.

If you want to talk history, see attachment.

Attachments

• Connacht - Wikipedia.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back