ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Numb hands

BLACKLBLTREECO

BLACKLBLTREECO

I’m trying to see if anybody else has any problems with this. I’m a experienced climber 15+ years now and I am going thru my hands and arms being so numb I can’t even climb sometimes. To grip the saw kills me. Absolute pain shooting through my arms. Is this typical for a 35 year old man

oldfortyfive

oldfortyfive

ArboristSite Operative
Sounds like carpel tunnel. Mines nowhere near that bad. I get some relief by wearing wrist braces the I sleep. Otherwise I wake up with my hands numb. Surgery will help, but be aware that it can still return.

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
Sounds like carpel tunnel. Mines nowhere near that bad. I get some relief by wearing wrist braces the I sleep. Otherwise I wake up with my hands numb. Surgery will help, but be aware that it can still return.
At work wear rubber cushioned gloves to stop some vibes and sleep with your arms down at side.

furb

ArboristSite Guru
I had terrible pain in my in my hands, face and feet and constant fatigue. Turned out to be neuropathy caused by an under active thyroid caused by a root canal that got infected. Not saying that is what it is but it may be an underlying issue. I was 28 or so at the time we figured it out but started a few years before that.

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
See a neurologist. Don’t guess. Carpal tunnel syndrome usually affects the hand and fingers, not the arms. Could be something in your elbows, or even neck / spine. Could be some condition that you never knew you had. See a doctor so that you know what you are dealing with, and your treatment options.

Philbert

Tobystihl

Tobystihl

Creaky Limb Tree Care
See a neurologist. Don’t guess. Carpal tunnel syndrome usually affects the hand and fingers, not the arms. Could be something in your elbows, or even neck / spine. Could be some condition that you never knew you had. See a doctor so that you know what you are dealing with, and your treatment options.

Philbert
Good point, i suffer from numb hands, had it checked out, thinking it was carpal tunnel, turns out I have Cervical Spondylosis. Worth getting it checked out soon!

Dickried

Dickried

ArboristSite Lurker
I’m trying to see if anybody else has any problems with this. I’m a experienced climber 15+ years now and I am going thru my hands and arms being so numb I can’t even climb sometimes. To grip the saw kills me. Absolute pain shooting through my arms. Is this typical for a 35 year old man
Thoracic outlet syndrome. Just found out about it myself, I'm 32.

ArboristSite Operative
Is it worse in one one hand? Do you notice it right after making a saw cut? I have problems with vibration from time to time from using chain saws, sanders and similar vibrating tools.

Randomhero813

Randomhero813

I just started getting these symptoms and some things beyond my normal treatment have really been helping. I use KT tape all day everyday, once you learn how to roll it from the bottom of your palm to the crease of you elbow it does help some. The second is a series of stretches from this guy.
I also see a chiropractor once a week (tons of prior permanent damage from racing) all of this really helps out in the long run.