NW Montana Charity cut?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

Got a call yesterday from my Pastors wife. There's a new couple that started going to our church, and the guy has cancer, and is pretty sick. I haven't been to church in a while, as my wife's Ford Exploder is about to do just that, and we're milking it so she can go back and forth to work. I haven't had the chance yet to meet these folks, but they sound like a nice couple.

They burn wood as their only heat source, and they're completely out! I called her an hour ago and she was crying on the phone with me. I think she's having a pretty hard go with her husband being sick, and now the firewood issue.

Before he got sick, her husband had dropped a tree, and started to buck it up. I'm heading out here in a few to go finish it, and make sure they have a few days worth of wood on the porch.

Jake said he'd be in to go cut tomorrow afternoon, but Saturday doesn't work good for him.

Here's what I was thinking. . . They have a bunch of dead standing on their place. It needs to be dropped, bucked, split and stacked. I figured this would be a great opportunity to have a GTG, and really do some good.

It's be a good time I think!

Obviously, the more boots on the ground, the quicker we could get them some wood, and the more we can do in a day. I want to have my boys throw in, it's good man's work, and it'll make them big and strong. . . It'll also teach them the value of giving and doing for others.

Roma, Jake, and anyone else in ear shot. . . Would you want to throw in? I can supply mix and bar oil, and anything else we might need.

If so, what day would work best for you? I can keep them stocked up myself for a while.

If anyone is game, let me know. I'm off to go get them folks some warmth, be back here this evening.

Hrmm... I'm taking some time off two weeks from now, and was planning on visiting friends in Walla Walla. If time were arranged right, I could swing NE for a day or so, possibly.

Dude, that would be freaking sweet! :rock:

wish i was closer bud. i'd be allover helping you process some wood for the cause. prayers for them in there time of hardship.

Helping People

Metals - I wish I could help. That is the best work (helping someone down and out) and you sleep good at night. I wish all the people that can help the best.

I know the family will be greatful.

If I was near you guys I would deffently come help you guys out! I always try to help someone in need and besides, It is good karma :msp_thumbup:

Good on you Metals.
That will sure go a long ways to easing their plight.
Hard enough just taking care of someone really sick.
If circumstances were different i'd sure pitch in a hearbeat.

Name a date, and if the roads are good, and the forecast good, The Tomato could perhaps go. We lose an hour getting there. I left Missoula at 4AM? I think, and got here around 1:00PM but that would be 2PM your time. And where does one go? Montaaaana is a big state.

Bless this gals heart. . . I showed up there, right as Sonny (the Pastors wife's dad) was throwing out about half a rick.

I was greeted by the gal, and her daughter. The daughter seemed like she might have been special needs, but I'm not sure?

I walked the entire 14 acres, and not a dead tree. . . Not one (besides twigs). That dead tree her husband had dropped before he got sick, was a bloody Cottonwood, and is surly soaked to the bone. I didn't even bother knocking the snow off it.

So there's nothing there to cut but green, which don't do them a lick of good this year.

The husband came out and we chatted a bit, the poor guy was super skinny. . . Had a tumor on his bladder and prostate, and is fixing to start chemo. :(

Anyway, Sonny's son works for a local logger -- said logger had several loads of dead decked up at his shop along the highway -- Jake and John probably know where I'm talking. It's the green shop on the right before the blinking light, and across from the cabinet shop.

Anyway, we're going to have Sonny's son check with the logger and see if we can buy some wood out'a his deck. It'd still allow us to do some sawing, but with the bonus of easy access and flat ground, no yarding, and central location.

If the logger will sell some wood, hopefully reasonable like, would y'all mind throwing in? Maybe I can come up with something to raffle? Or a few things?

Anyway, today didn't end up the way I thought it would go, but it's looking up to get these folks some heat!

That's awesome fellas!

Going to go check on that wood tomorrow. . . I want to make sure I can buy some before I take any money.

Should I do a raffle?

I can come up with some goodies I think.

Yup. Straight donation. We'll get even with you later, you troublemaker. :hmm3grin2orange: Me, I'm going to save up a years worth of thrashed chains and send 'em to you to sharpen. :msp_smile:

That's cool. . . Send them chains on!

You want the top-plate cut off right? :D

Latest posts

Back