NW Montana Charity cut?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah! You guys get me that far back in the brush and I might never go back to California again.

I spent some time in Missoula and Hamilton ( notice I said spent time and not served time) back in the early 80s. We were logging ...or trying to. We also spent a lot of time out between Shoup and Cobalt Idaho and tried commuting back to Hamilton every day. Gave it up and started staying in Salmon.

Helluva commute! I worked in the same area mid 90's, but I was staying in North Fork, and I am from Hamilton. And I thought commuting from Rio Dell to the area across the EEL River from Founders Grove Via the Shively road was bad.

Last edited:
Helluva commute! I worked in the same area mid 90's, but I was staying in North Fork, and I am from Hamilton. And I thought commuting from Rio Dell to the area across the EEL River from Founders Grove Via the Shively road was bad.

LOL...Yeah, but we were from California so we didn't know any better. We wondered why, on the first day, the bullbuck said he'd meet us at two in the morning in Hamilton. We found out. Went south, turned right along the river, got to Shoup, turned left, got to Cobalt before daylight...had no idea where we were. You know how it goes....just show me my strip, we'll figure out the rest later. Good times.

The way things are now if it's only a 2 hour commute each way I figure I'm lucky.

Last edited:
There was a little yellow teardrop trailer for sale that would go with the ranchero. It sold.

I have been looking to upsize to a fiberglass egg trailer. After the trail volunteer experience, being able to move around a bit, inside, seems like a good thing. The Wing is very nice for sleeping in though.

I will bring The Used Dog. He is a friendly gallooopa loompa Lab. Quite well behaved too.

So far, we've received $295.00 in donations for wood for the folks. I can't see that not being able to finish their year out until warmer spring weather arrives.

That's hovering right around enough for two cord of wood from a local seller. It'll take a little shopping, as I've seen a price increase recently.

Thanks you all who donated!! :cheers:

When I get the wood delivered and stacked, I'll post a picture up of the pile. :D

So far, we've received $295.00 in donations for wood for the folks. I can't see that not being able to finish their year out until warmer spring weather arrives.

That's hovering right around enough for two cord of wood from a local seller. It'll take a little shopping, as I've seen a price increase recently.

Thanks you all who donated!! :cheers:

When I get the wood delivered and stacked, I'll post a picture up of the pile. :D

N8t it looks like its time to fire up another charity wood cut.

Just need a log yard, log supply, a bunch of saws, a bunch of splitters, a bunch of pickups/trailers and a bunch of bodies.
Nothing to it. And a cook, cannot forget a cook(s)

http://kalispell.craigslist.org/zip/5722792916.html

Just read that link, let me get off this fire, and let's see about hooking that lady up!

You know I'm down. I might even have a line on a dead log or three :D
You know the number.
Copy that! Demobing this a.m., will get with you in a day or two once I get home and settled back in. [emoji4]

I am interested and can cook pound cake and pies in a dutch oven. Can also throw brush and cut some. I know your guys are way more productive than I am.

Got a better trailer than last time, too.
Always nice seeing you! :0)

Latest posts

Back