NW Montana GTG & Charity Cut -- June 1, 2, 3 -- 2012!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Reaction score
Howdy y'all!

We're having us a NW Montana Arboristsite GTG in June!

I have a facility reserved and wood to cut, we just need some bodies.

A few folks are already fixing to come, my wife and boys will be there, so don't be shy about dragging along your family!!

All the wood cut will be donated to a local family with a husband fighting cancer.

There's 160 acres, so bring your dogs too, as long as they play well with others.

There are 5 small cabins (bare bones), a building with a full kitchen, and room to sleep in a main area (for cots, air mattresses, etc or a bag and the floor). There's also plenty of room for campers to park.

Take a week off, and come early. . . There's lots to do and see here. Glacier National Park, National Bison Range, etc.

We have some time to plan, but I'd like to start getting a rough head count for food and other considerations.

Mark your calendar and come see Montucky!

DROOL!!:love1:

That's my absolute favorite part of my home state! I'd give a finger to be able to go to that, but one of the kids has drivers ed classes all that month.

Hey y'all - if you can possibly make it out there, you'll want to go. You won't even want to cut wood - you'll just stand around, looking at the scenery with your mouth open. Going-to-the-Sun Highway, Snow-covered Rocky mountains, high-mountain streams, mountain goats, and every other item with the word 'mountain' in it.

I'd also personally request someone to give the OP a nice b-slap for saying "Montucky." That's like combining Michael Jordan with Justin Bieber! :msp_ohmy: Ugh! (Sorry, for those of you from Kentucky, but once you see Montana, you'll understand.) :msp_tongue:

DROOL!!:love1:

That's my absolute favorite part of my home state! I'd give a finger to be able to go to that, but one of the kids has drivers ed classes all that month.

Hey y'all - if you can possibly make it out there, you'll want to go. You won't even want to cut wood - you'll just stand around, looking at the scenery with your mouth open. Going-to-the-Sun Highway, Snow-covered Rocky mountains, high-mountain streams, mountain goats, and every other item with the word 'mountain' in it.

I'd also personally request someone to give the OP a nice b-slap for saying "Montucky." That's like combining Michael Jordan with Justin Bieber! :msp_ohmy: Ugh! (Sorry, for those of you from Kentucky, but once you see Montana, you'll understand.) :msp_tongue:

Homesick Josh? :laugh:

Grizzly Base Camp is at the foot of these mountains: :msp_thumbsup:

attachment.php

Does it show??? :biggrin:

I didn't make it back to my folks place in Billings this last summer. I'll have to wait until August. I can't wait to get home and dry out, and sniff some pines and feel some elevation. :eek:uttahere2:

I hate to be the one to tell you, but you have Flatlanderitis. . . It may be terminal.

I hate to be the one to tell you, but you have Flatlanderitis. . . It may be terminal.

Yes, I'm aware of it. It is terminal, but death can be postponed by repeated visits to the mountains, and some victims have gained relief by buying up lots of calendars with pics of mountains on them.

Pity I can't be there, now that SlowP said she is going. I'd love to go and meet her, and maybe she and I could have a boxing match (but I wouldn't be placing any bets on myself!) :rock: If nothing else we could have a good rousing argument about politics and religion. :biggrin::msp_thumbup:

I, for one, will be there. Thinkin' I'll take the scenic route and go US 2 the whole way instead of the more sensible most-of-the-way-on-I-90 path.

I love the WA high-line! I prefer that drive to I-90. . . I like going from Snoqualmie to near Levenworth, then down to Wenatchee, then hooking up to Hwy 2. Then it's through Spokane to Newport, to Sandpoint, to Bonners Ferry and through to Kalispell.

There's some beautiful old farmhouses along 2, I'd love to restore every one of them.

Whats the closest town on the map so I can see where were headed. Jani and I usually bring some dead animal chunks to BBQ and so far after 4 GTGs nobodys complained about our cooking. at least not to our face:hmm3grin2orange:

You'll never see me moan and ##### about dead animal chunks! You don't even have to tell me what the animal is, or where ya got it!! :laugh:

Brian, Google Map "Kalispell" :cheers:

Kalispell? I just remember a bunch of stoplights as I headed home from my exile in the flatlands. I too, think I'll swing up on 2. I will be pulling a trailer. Which one, I do not know.

The town has grown quite a bit since then. . . But still no dang skyscrapers! :)

Yes, I'm aware of it. It is terminal, but death can be postponed by repeated visits to the mountains, and some victims have gained relief by buying up lots of calendars with pics of mountains on them.

Pity I can't be there, now that SlowP said she is going. I'd love to go and meet her, and maybe she and I could have a boxing match (but I wouldn't be placing any bets on myself!) :rock: If nothing else we could have a good rousing argument about politics and religion. :biggrin::msp_thumbup:

I don't know Josh. . . I think drivers ED can wait. We're gonna need some good singers and musicians to entertain us around the campfire. :D

I love the WA high-line! I prefer that drive to I-90. . . I like going from Snoqualmie to near Levenworth, then down to Wenatchee, then hooking up to Hwy 2. Then it's through Spokane to Newport, to Sandpoint, to Bonners Ferry and through to Kalispell.

There's some beautiful old farmhouses along 2, I'd love to restore every one of them.

Highway 12 is my fave!

Amtrak Route - "Empire Builder"
BlobServer

That's what I'd like to do! I'd have to jet into Spokane though, then ride the rails.

Things may have changed but when we lived in CDA, my SiL came out for a visit and the entire trip though the mountains was at night. How stupid is that?

I'm very, very tempted. Haven't been back to that country for far, far too long.

Nate, what's the name of that bar that has Moose in the name?

And, you should start a new thread over in the Chainsaw Forum. Too many won't come over here to see this.

Latest posts

Back