O20T replacement saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhopperStopper

Reaction score
I have been using a o20T for the last 20+ years. Today when trimming a tall oak it came off my belt and hit the ground hard. I'm sure it may be repairable with help from E-bay, but am wondering what climbing saw out there would be a good (similar) replacement. To say I feel sick is an understatement.

WS

A "Lone Wolf" 200t is your best bet I'd say. He rebuilds them w/ new crank bearings/seals and anything else they need. If u want "new" a stihl 201t is the modern day 020t. I went w/ the echo 2511t w/ no regrets, I put a stihl full chisel chain on it(I forget what the model is ps3 or something like that, yellow label 3/8ths l/p .050). The bigger stihls shine in the bigger hardwood but I just rig it down if the 2511t isn't strong/fast enough for certain cuts near houses,fences...

I've been very happy with an Echo CS355T. Before that I had a Husqvarna 338XPT which - when I replaced it, was a getting a little weak. The Echo takes a couple extra pulls to start when it is cold, but when warmed, it starts with a pretty half-hearted pull.

I appreciate the replies. I have lost track of the different climbing saws available being I have always just used my o20. I have been reading about the Echo CS355T, they seem to be pretty nice. Today I will research the 201T.

Does anyone have any info - link to "Lone Wolf" rebuilt?

A lot will depend on what it will cost to fix my saw. I am guessing the price will be well on the way to a new saw. It's always the same question whether it pays to fix or cut your losses.

Thanks again!

WS

Lone wolf has some 200T’s in the trading post for sale right now. Very well priced from a very smart man. Cheaper than you’ll find on EBay.

Edit: has some for sale.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using a o20T for the last 20+ years. Today when trimming a tall oak it came off my belt and hit the ground hard. I'm sure it may be repairable with help from E-bay, but am wondering what climbing saw out there would be a good (similar) replacement. To say I feel sick is an understatement.

WS
The 020t and 200t are my favorite top handle saws hands down. I rebuild Stihl saws so I would definitely repair it. The 201t tops out around 11,500 RPM and the 020t tops out around 14,500 which makes for faster cutting.
If you're busy and need a saw right away for tree work, then a 201t will do, but when you get time to fix the king, eBay has what you need. I've learned that some aftermarket parts are faulty and some are not so be mindful of that. When it comes to engine, parts I normally stick with OEM, especially if it's a pro saw

Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk

Back