Oak Tree disease or insects?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an arborist coming on October 4th. It is the soonest I can get someone who appears to be qualified and has vast experience in the region. Hopefully it is something that can be treated.

If I caused this by having a fence installed for our dogs, I will forever be angry at myself. I had no idea!
What did the arborist say?

He said the oaks were stressed. He felt that the boring insect damage was minimal, couldn't tell exactly what the insects were. He was confident it wasn't a two line borer. He treated the trees with a bunch of stuff and they drilled into them and injected, then they worked on the entire yard in a 1 foot grid pattern injecting into the ground. Hopefully in the spring we will begin to see the tree's overall health improve.

He did the following...
FAC/IRON trunk injections
Insecticide Soil injections
Disease soil drench
Chlorosis Mix.

He comes from a very reputable tree care group in the area, so I am hopeful. There are a lot of outfits around here that specialize in tree removal, the place I used is more about tree care. We spoke at length about saving the trees and he seemed confident.

Back