Oak tree insect invasion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the more common problems with huge oaks, actually. Though it could be that there just are huge parts that they are being made available in whatever situation they are included to.

There is a common problem with ants that we actually experience and having the parts be smoked is one of the more common and most efficient solutions to drive them away just like that.

You're welcome sawdust: It's an old time remedy. The soap allows the mineral oil to penetrate and break down the insects soft bodies. A weaker solution for corn ear worms is sprayed on the corn tassels as soon as they appear, killing the larvae trying to enter. Also used on Aphid infested tomato plants by spraying the underside of the leaves where they hide using an old WINDEX spray bottle with the solution.

Sage, just buy an udder cleaner spray bottle at any ag store. It makes it easier, you don't have to bend your neck.

Thought I'd let ya'll know I'm still alive and kickin' and so is that beautiful "oASHk tree. Everytime I look up at it I think about you all and get a big smiley grin. :msp_biggrin: Have been busy as heck around here and just now on the downside of whatever the docs couldn't figure out. All's looking blessed now. Have a lot of trees out in back pastures that didn't survive last years drought and starting to drop limbs. Mostly Pines and they are along the Railroad fenceline so I just let them stand. Have to pick them off the fence once in awhile. Just part of wanting to live here I reckon.

Glad that Oakish tree made it. I've been watering my few backyard pines before the drought got ahold of'em. So far so good.:)

My oak is still having wasp, hornet, june bug visitations

Now I know why one of you replied good luck when I told you I had washed the tree with the lemon soap solution by Jerry Baker. 1.The oak has developed white foamy spots in two new locations. Also I was sitting beside it watering and looked at the bark in one section. 2.It looked dark, like it was wet, but it came off in three pieces. I am attaching way too many pictures probably but I really am concerned. 3.The south side of the trunk is where I first noticed the brown bleeding I mentioned in my 1st posting. 4.Now a swath of the branches on the south side have dead leaves, about four inches wide. I'm told this is the 2nd tree to occupy this spot so I don't want to lose it. 5.I have taken picture of leaves so you can see it is a "...." oak. I have different "..." oak 15' to the west. 6. It's okay, well except for the chlornosis & I think I'm gaining on that. My neighbor's oak has Chlorois too. Ours looked alike, 7.his oak, 8. my oak, 9. leaf of that oak.
1. I can't figure out how to show you my pictures

Hi KellyBelle. To load pics to your post you need to edit the pics on your computer . Usually your digital camera came with a CD with this tool which you've probably already installed. Right click on the pic and a small window opens . Scroll down with your Mouse to 'Open With'. Another window opens. Find your editing program, for example Canon has one called (Zb Module). Click on it to open the utility. Locate your pic in the editor and reduce it's size to 300KB or smaller. From there I just go to my profile a upload the pic following the directions there. Seems easier than the directions given in the 'Sticky' on the Picture Forum of ArborSite. To find it click Forum at the top left of the Posts and scroll down.

Hi KellyBelle. To load pics to your post you need to edit the pics on your computer . Usually your digital camera came with a CD with this tool which you've probably already installed. Right click on the pic and a small window opens . Scroll down with your Mouse to 'Open With'. Another window opens. Find your editing program, for example Canon has one called (Zb Module). Click on it to open the utility. Locate your pic in the editor and reduce it's size to 300KB or smaller. From there I just go to my profile a upload the pic following the directions there. Seems easier than the directions given in the 'Sticky' on the Picture Forum of ArborSite. To find it click Forum at the top left of the Posts and scroll down.

Wow. Thank you very much. I will try that because I truly have concerns and I figure you Obi Wan Kenobis of the Arbor can set me straight.

Latest posts

Back