oak trimming and warm winters...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few fellows that post here frum time 2 timme that I wood love to sea one:msp_scared: of theer estimates thet theys preasent to tere custumers nuffing screems pro like missspellin..
LOL, I know your both talking about me! Don't worry, the spelling is correct when it comes to the money. Its not so much a spelling thing as much as it is a typing thing. Sometimes I go back and edit, sometimes I don't.:eek:ps:

Bigus Termitius,
I felt it was understood not to trim Oaks in the beetle swarm, here in Texas the bettles are dormit in july and august do to extreeme heat, my point of bringing up the pod cast is to educate the HO and others on new tecnology as to prunnig deceduous trees other than oaks, and the prunning of trees that have always thought best prune in dec and jan, we cant make all the hay in 2 months so prune the oaks nov - Jan then July and Aug and others year round as needed, my point was to bring up scientific research to use to sell year round prunning depending on species,
Paul
PS after listening to this fresh I got some of it mixed up as to his mechanical wound dressing to keep cells alive, and such, the transperation only happens wheen leaves are producing,

I see, given the thread topic, the nature of your post, and an extremely difficult to listen to rambling german (some are easier to hear than others), you can see where I was getting that impression from you. At least now that it is cleared up, no one else should get the wrong idea either.

I'm sure zere is somezing to learn from ze german, but I think I'll have to read his text instead.

LOL, I know your both talking about me! Don't worry, the spelling is correct when it comes to the money. Its not so much a spelling thing as much as it is a typing thing. Sometimes I go back and edit, sometimes I don't.:eek:ps:

That all depends on the tacos. :msp_wink:

I cant find anything, lots of google results, but nothing to relate to this, that you can read anyways, cant read German, von voot de micharasta, eg nufuhagendos, Tacosarguud

Hah, not at all. The dude spelt doormint 3 different ways in one paragraff!

The ISA BMP revised 2008 says “Growth is maximized and defects are easier to see if live-branch pruning is done in the winter or before growth resumes in early spring.”

But, all us experienced and knowledgeable arboriculturalist understand that dormant trees have a very limited ability to produce barrier zones.

It makes complete sense then, when vectors are not an issue, to prune trees when cells are most active. German rules and regulations for arborists supports summer live wood pruning while the American National Standards support live wood pruning during winter dormancy. Dr. Dujesiefken is giving us great data. :msp_thumbup:

Last edited:
Back